We stayed for one night in room 10. Looking back at previous reviews it is a shame they haven't sorted the damp out in the corner. However, the room was clean,cold on arrival but soon warm once the radiator was switched on. Lovely bathroom with a great shower. I think at £95 per night it is a bit expensive for what it is. The location is fantastic if you want to get away from the rat race. Peace and quiet even with our Christmas party. That leads me on to our Christmas dinner. Absolutely the best Christmas meal I have ever eaten out. The turkey was thick sliced breast meat, not a bit of that crap brown stuff other places give you. The vegetables were plentiful and cooked to perfection, in my opinion. Crispy roast potatoes, red cabbage mixed with something that tasted just delicious and I had to clear the veg plate as there was no way I was wasting it. The Christmas pudding was also the best I have ever eaten,sorry mum. It had a dry texture with a lovely moist middle, not gooey or sticky. I was informed the next day that the chef had made 2000 of them herself for the festivities. I hope they passed on my compliments and give her a good bonus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family run inn set in 15 acres of woodland & meadow overlooking Hardy's Blackmore Vale. We have a candlelit log fired restaurant where our chefs provide a wonderful selection of innovative and traditional dishes. These meals are also available in the bar & garden room and gardens in the summer. We are a very popular wedding venue with couples being able to get married in our 17c barn, The Garden Room and also our Woodland Wedding venue. We have our own marquee which can seat up to 150 for receptions, parties, dinners, conferences and many other purposes. Our ten large comfortable bedrooms look out over the grounds and contain all the amenities you would expect. Our bar offers Real ales, a comprehensive wine list and lots of chattern with the locals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Coppleridge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Coppleridge Hotel Shaftesbury
- The Coppleridge Inn Shaftesbury, Dorset