We stayed here as part of a party celebrating a birthday. A large venue with a lot of character. The bedrooms are very comfortable and well appointed. The bathroom in our apartment was spacious and well equipped.
The main point of this post, however, is to highlight how well the staff managed in an emergency. One of our party was unlucky to suffer a very bad fall. We waited for about an hour for the ambulance. However, despite the rain and the immobile casualty the staff were unfailing in their support. Nothing was too much trouble and they were hugely supportive. They ensured the welfare of the casualty was the sole priority and I thank them for that.
Memory serves that the real ale at the bar was particularly good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family run inn set in 15 acres of woodland & meadow overlooking Hardy's Blackmore Vale. We have a candlelit log fired restaurant where our chefs provide a wonderful selection of innovative and traditional dishes. These meals are also available in the bar & garden room and gardens in the summer. We are a very popular wedding venue with couples being able to get married in our 17c barn, The Garden Room and also our Woodland Wedding venue. We have our own marquee which can seat up to 150 for receptions, parties, dinners, conferences and many other purposes. Our ten large comfortable bedrooms look out over the grounds and contain all the amenities you would expect. Our bar offers Real ales, a comprehensive wine list and lots of chattern with the locals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, HotelQuickly and LateRooms so you can book your The Coppleridge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Coppleridge Hotel Shaftesbury
- The Coppleridge Inn Shaftesbury, Dorset