Its location is perfect for a country break, nestled right in the Dorset countryside it has lovely views and good walks from the doorstep and yet it is close to charming towns like Shaftesbury and Salisbury. The gardens and Woodland make it very tranquil. The hospitality from the owners and staff was great and any questions were always gladly answered. We ate on the terrace for lunch under the vines which has great views and the food over the weekend was all fresh and home cooked and very yummy. We also chatted to the owner about a possible wedding venue and were shown around the beautiful 18 th century beamed barn.
One note if you are going reception is at the end of the bar which took a few minutes for us to realize.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family run inn set in 15 acres of woodland & meadow overlooking Hardy's Blackmore Vale. We have a candlelit log fired restaurant where our chefs provide a wonderful selection of innovative and traditional dishes. These meals are also available in the bar & garden room and gardens in the summer. We are a very popular wedding venue with couples being able to get married in our 17c barn, The Garden Room and also our Woodland Wedding venue. We have our own marquee which can seat up to 150 for receptions, parties, dinners, conferences and many other purposes. Our ten large comfortable bedrooms look out over the grounds and contain all the amenities you would expect. Our bar offers Real ales, a comprehensive wine list and lots of chattern with the locals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms and Hotels.com so you can book your The Coppleridge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Coppleridge Hotel Shaftesbury
- The Coppleridge Inn Shaftesbury, Dorset