“Value for money”
Review of The Benett Arms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shaftesbury
The Benett Arms
Ranked #9 of 23 Shaftesbury B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed here for one night on 22nd September. Received a warm welcome from Amy and Alfie(the lovely black lab). Rooms were clean and comfortable. Didn't unfortunately eat in the pub as we were attending a party nearby but will certainly go back to try the food. Breakfast was good and nicely cooked
Would recommend anyone to stay here good value for money considering what the other places charge nearby. The pub is amazing so old fashioned it's like stepping back in time. And they have real
Ales a must for anyone that drinks that kind of beer.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

Excellent value. Service was good. Joyce is the treasure - her food is fantastic. Food is plentiful and local produce is fresh and cooked to perfection.
Pub is set beside an attractive green and pond.

• Stayed August 2012
Amersham
Reviewed 26 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here over a weekend and had a very enjoyable two night stay. We've been in for a drink and a meal on a few occasions while visiting friends but this time we actually stayed and would definitely stay again. The food was very good as usual (a little tip try Joyce's home made pate), breakfast plentiful and very dog friendly to the extent that we were asked where our young and energetic springer was when we were eating one evening. They were also exceptionally good when our dog managed to knock a 3/4 full pint of beer off the coffee table with her nose, with no recriminations or hassle.

Definitely a little gem and we will stay again.

Room Tip: if you are taking a dog ask to stay in the annexe which has direct access outside for those late nig...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed two nights. Staff very friendly and helpful. Bed comfortable, ensuite rooms. Payment by card accepted. Room cool- I don't like overheated hotel rooms. Full English breakfast. Real ales in the pub. Hot food in the dining area. Only drawback was getting up early for breakfast, and we could have done with a few coathangers. This was the only place in the area for a reasonable price and I certainly wasn't disappointed for that money- there are trivial things that would have annoyed me if I'd paid a lot, like the door sticking a bit and no decaf in the room etc. but we'd go back there happily. Nice atmosphere. Note: local taxis need to be booked ahead. The staff put us in touch with some local cab companies, which was very useful.

Room Tip: My boyfriend is allergic to pets so they put us in the annex where pets aren't allowed to go.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Phantomtraveller
London
Reviewed 11 February 2011

The Bennett arms has just become "Bennett Arms" and they have dropped the "THE"
I know this will cause tremendous confusion, but they must have a good reason for doing so.
Everything about this place is good, from my phone call to book the room, to me checking out, it was all quite fantastic.
Both Maddy and Amy who run Bennett Arms are really well educated and especially good hosts.
My room was exceptionally nice, with a new bathroom and a really nice bed. I paid only £45 for bed and breakfast, and considering the size and quality of the breakfast, I wonder how they do it for the price.
The pub is really quaint, log fire, genuinely nice locals and the occasional dog, makes the evening perfect.
I had read about how good the food was, and noticed that all the food is cooked by a lovely lady called Joyce. She has won awards for her food, and I have to write about "Joyce's award winning Steak & Kidney Pie"
I have never seen or eaten such a superb pie, with huge pieces of Kidney, lovely Steak, beautiful gravy, and the pastry was just fantastic. Along with this fantastic pie came a large dish or perfectly cooked vegetables, this is in addition to the mash potato served with the pie. Joyce deserves gold medals for her food preparation and cooking, as she actually makes the pies herself.
I could hardly eat it all, and had to cancel my cheese and biscuits as I could not eat another thing.
I must also mention the real ale, they had three on pump, and they we kept and served perfectly.
So if you are a big eater and like real food, prepared and cooked by an award winning chef, and want to be totally surprised at how little it costs, visit Bennett Arms and enjoy it while you can, places like these are disappearing fast.

Richard Kaminski.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank trigga1526
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shaftesbury
Best Western Shaftesbury The Royal Chase Hotel
#1 of 23 in Shaftesbury
The Compasses Inn
The Compasses Inn
#1 of 4 in Tisbury

Been to The Benett Arms? Share your experiences!