“Interesting food, interesting touches...one to watch!”
Review of Victorian Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Victorian Cafe
Ranked #29 of 40 Restaurants in Shaftesbury
Cuisines: British
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Interesting food, interesting touches...one to watch!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The interior is cosily and simply done out and the counter display of the various foods and cakes is inviting and interesting. Latte was served just as Id asked for it, hot rather than how most places seem to do it luke warm.
I sampled a nice piece of cake having been disappointed to find the hunky chunky sounding soup that had been offer had all gone. Unable to resist the temptation on the counter, I also ordered two apparently home-made rich chocolate truffles to go with my coffee and they were really rich....lovely.
The young lady who served me seemed to be dolly daydream that afternoon, whether she was new or just very forgetful....it wasnt busy at this time.
The chef/owner was rather defensive when I expressed my disappointment at the soup having gone but on chatting to him as I paid, he is clearly very skilled with great food ideas but maybe not naturally "mein host". Not cheap, but then you get what you pay for and I get the impression that most of the food here will be good!

• Visited March 2013