“What a shame.... An expensive shame”
Review of Ridings Cafe Artisans Bakery - CLOSED

Ridings Cafe Artisans Bakery
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Went for lunch today in what looked like a lovely cosy cafe offering homemade produce. I had the tomato and lentil soup which was saltier than the Dead Sea the bread it came with was nice though...... My husband had quiche which was very oily served with a terrible limp warm salad. And to make it worse we paid £16 for the erm pleasure. A real shame could be so much better.

5  Thank Charlotte E

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had lunch here on Saturday, it was busy, and as everything is freshly prepared, we did have a few minutes wait.

The quality of the food is excellent, and a great choice, especially for celiacs, great in every way.

We would definitely return on our next visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Desperate for a decent coffee and a loo we stumbled upon this treasure purely by accident. Great decor, superb coffee and tempting goodies make this a, not-to-be-missed, essential for a visit to Shaftesbury. The delicious smell of homemade vegetable and lentil soup was irresistible and a great choice. Absolutely yummy! Will definitely return and highly recommended!

2  Thank chr1ss1e
Reviewed 2 July 2014

See my review at The Artisans Bakery, they go under the same roof. Maybe a bit confusing but for me no problem, as long as the food and ambiance is great, and it was.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Strolling through this lovely country site town named Shaftesbury, I ended up in this lovely cafe. Located in a very lovely building going back to the 16th century. Pleasant atmosphere, great food and a nice welcome. I decided to go for the lentil and tomato soup and the roast vegetable herb sandwich, in one word brilliant. Freshly home made food, the way how it should be.

And for a Dutch visitor very important, nice coffee at last. Something they still don't know how to make in the UK. Costa or no Costa Coffee or Starbucks.

A nice find a little off the beaten track, but that's usually where the better places are. I will surely go there again.