“Wonderful food and service”

The Fountain Inn Shaftesbury
Ranked #30 of 40 Restaurants in Shaftesbury
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Decided to check out the Fountain Inn for Sunday lunch after reading all the wonderful review and we were not disappointed. Roast beef and pork, amazing, tasted like home cooked roast. Everything was so tasty and very generous servings at ridiculously reasonable price. Will definitely be back. It is a shame it is so tucked away as must miss out on passing trade. I would suggest a website as I only came upon it by accident on Trip Advisor.

• Visited February 2014

Milton on Stour
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic find”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I had made a visit previously a few weeks ago with my daughter and we had a lovely lunch. So I decided to meet some other family for lunch yesterday. We were greeted by a lovely smiling friendly lady and a warming open fire. We all had wonderful food and at just £4.95 each - what more do I need to say?

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank FreebirdCarol
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

We went to this pub after venturing out past our regular places. I know this pub was taken over in the past two years and have been meaning to go.

They allow dogs which is a great plus, we walked In and had a lovely warm welcome, the fire was on and it was very warmly decorated. The food I think is underpriced, I had a lovely burger with bacon and cheese for under £7..very nice too. Overall two drinks and two mains cost £12.95...very very impressed and will return again

Visited January 2014
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
“Good Sunday Roast”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Popped in for lunch today as first time in the area (looking at a potential building plot just around the corner) great pleasant surprise. Lovely Sunday lunch, very welcoming, good beers and comfy log fire on the go.

Great to see a traditional pub offering good value honest food and service with a smile.

Visited January 2014
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
“Good traditional pub and food”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

This is a pretty pub in a nice village. The food is excellent and very reasonably priced. Log fire and welcoming. Highly recommend.

1 Thank Caleb_Fulford