“Didn't even finish our drinks”
Review of Half Moon Inn

Half Moon Inn
Ranked #42 of 53 Restaurants in Sherborne
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours
Description: 23rd April 2011 As chain pubs go it was very good and not to be confused with the fantastic Half Moon Inn at Horsington a few miles away. The food was freshly cooked with a noticeable lack of frozen veg. Service was good, tables clean and prices fair. Menu although ‘corporate’ had a few interesting ideas and he specials were appealing. Parking is a little unusual; a pay and display car park then pub customers get a refund proportionate to spend, so if eating likely a full refund as we did, but you need change before going there. Dinner for 2 with drinks £27.40.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Didn't even finish our drinks”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The service wasn't rude, but was t I early welcoming either. The bar had what appeared to be locals at it, who just made us both feel uncomfortable and unwelcome. We sat out of the way but didn't even finish our drinks before leaving.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Sherborne Festival & the Half Moon”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently attended a concert during the Sherborne Festival and finished up in the Half Moon afterwards for a late supper. There were two reasons for this, first my friends were staying there, second despite the fact there was Festival on it was the only place open. Don't go to Sherborne if you want to eat later than 8pm! The first one of the company was refused a drink because he has the god fortune to look young despite being a guest in the hotel. The food. The service was good and the staff friendly. (Despite refuse drinks to my friend.) The menu was standard pub fare as was the standard of the food. It was ok but that was all I had British beef short ribs. On the menu it said they come in a creamy peppercorn sauce. I got a rather cloying gravy from a packet. Overall I have been in worse places. Would I return? Probably not. But top marks for actually being open after 8.30. Service 7.5/10 Food 5/10.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank mrlibraryman
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a hot lunch, really enjoyed my burger and chips, my partner had fish and really enjoyed her meal as well, standards have definitely improved since my last visit, a good meal all round

Visited May 2014
Crewkerne
“To quick to refund”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

As normal for a Marstons pub,micro city,
Food was sort ok,staff work hard with poor ethics,
The wife wanted a side salad with-her streak ,all good,£2
The salad was a total insult to to price,two halfs of a plum tomato ,half a slice of cucumber , and a few leafs which would fit in the palm of a baby's hand !
On the side I ordered 3 sausages for to £2
Well I kid you not ! It said grilled,under statement , 1 quarter was grilled the rest cold and raw,
We did complain and had a refund no questions ASKED, REALLY ,!
Just to easy to produce poor quality!

Visited November 2013
Seaton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We had a meal at the Half Moon Inn in Sherborne and the food was excellent, very resonably priced, great choice and a very friendly atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014