“A wonderful break!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sherborne
Welwyn, United Kingdom
“A wonderful break!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We arrived at the Eastbury having booked through Secret Escapes, so not really knowing much about it. We were shown to a lovely room which I find hard to believe is just a Standard room...... it was large and comfortably furnished with a huge bed and amazing en suite! I had mentioned to the receptionist that I had a dietary problem and found that the staff really bent over backwards to accommodate me.......the chef even cooked something for me specially on our 2nd night.... we had enjoyed our meal so much on the 1st night that we ate there again. Our waiter was particularly nice and made me feel that nothing was too much trouble food wise I would wholeheartedly recommend the Eastbury and very much hope that we will be going again soon. I have already passed on one of their cards to friends! Definitel one of the nicest hotels we`ve ever been to!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
bournemouth
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel is a little shabby but we paid for an upgrade which was definitely worth the extra cost. Our room was spacious, quiet and clean.
The seven course tasting menu was delicious and the service friendly.
I have rated the hotel as average but I would rate the restaurant as very good.

Room Tip: I would recommend paying extra for an upgrade.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bridport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We've just celebrated my Mother's 75th birthday with a surprise party for 40 at The Eastbury Hotel. We chose it as my Mother's had a couple of meals there which she really enjoyed and she lives just around the corner.
Throughout all the arranging, Nicky, the owner was very pleasant and helpful. The actual party could not have gone better. The venue with the garden was perfect on a sunny day, the staff were all extremely professional and friendly to just the right degree, the food was lovely. We really couldn't fault any of it. A fantastic 'do'.
We would have no hesitation in recommending The Eastbury for a special occasion if you can afford it (and the prices are not too bad for such a good place).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2014

A warm welcome by friendly staff set the scene for a one night break with taster menu and flight of wine. Our room - ready early - was clean and comfortable; however, there was a bit of a whiff in the corridor outside the room that I couldn't quite identify - perhaps something musty? The meticulously presented 7-course dinner was complemented well by the wine and just about right on quantity. Moreover, the full English breakfast the next morning was really tasty and set us up for the day.
Overall, a great break and we'll be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Had dinner with family at Eastbury Hotel. My sense was that there was one managing the staff. While the chef produced good food, the service was so bad it was funny.
There was clearly no-one responsible for managing "front of house" and I think this was the problem.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
EastburyReception, Owner at The Eastbury Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
I am naturally disappointed to read your review, as we all work very hard to maintain our reputation both in terms of food & service, but would thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback as balanced reviews are important to us.

I thank you for your positive comments on our food and am truly sorry we did not meet your expectations with regard to service, although without more details of the issues that you faced during your visit, it is difficult to respond with any accuracy. If you are happy to discuss these issues directly with either myself or the restaurant manager, it would be exceptionally helpful to us as a business, and we would warmly welcome the feedback.

I would take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies once again,

Kind Regards,

Nicky King- Proprietor
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was our second visit to The Eastbury and it was very good. The tasting menu with wine flight was excellent, the breakfast was excellent with lovely touches. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is a very well organised business.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had a one night break which included the 7 course taster menu as part of the package. We were a bit early to the hotel but the room was ready for us soon after this which was the start of the excellent service we receved throughout. We stayed in Rowan whch was nicely finished and furnished and the bed was super comfy. We took the wine flight with the meal which although not cheap was well worth it as they accompanied the dinner beautifully. The food was absolutely fantastic, couldn't praise it enough, and the service from the drinks in the bar to the waiting staff matched it perfectly. Fot just an extra £2.50 we were supremely lazy and had breakfast delivered to the room - this was top quality as well. Thanks for helping us have a relaxing and much needed break.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sherborne
Best Western Dorset Oborne the Grange Hotel
#1 of 1 in Beaminster
Munden House
Munden House
#1 of 1 in Alweston

Been to The Eastbury Hotel? Share your experiences!