The Eastbury Hotel
Half Moon Inn(Sherborne)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Manor(Yeovil)
View Hotel
The Helyar Arms(East Coker)
View Hotel
All reviewstasting menuwine flighttaster mealsuperior roomsecret escapestravelzoo dealseparate showerhomemade biscuitslovely hotelone night staynext morningamazing foodan overnight staylocal produceshort breakpretty townbeautiful town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014

A fantastic value overnight break including a 7-course taster menu. The meal was very good, served in a type of conservatory restaurant overlooking the lovely garden. Drinks are reasonable and staff are friendly and helpful. Our standard room was adequate and a bit old fashioned but this was made up for by the dinner and lovely breakfast. It is really worth visiting as Sherbourne itself is very interesting with its old abbey and of course the castle.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed on a one night Secret Escapes package on a busy Saturday.

We were attracted by the 7 course taster menu which was delicious and of a high standard. The restaurant is quite small an intimate and the food and service was good. Breakfast was also excellent!

The bedrooms are a little disappointing and in need of a freshen up. The problems of an old building pose some challenges with regards to the plumbing. The bath was on a raised platform and the ceiling was low. This made having a shower near impossible.

Wifi reception was also patchy in the room.

The hotel is located in a very picturesque town and has a large garden which is probably delightful in the summer.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and for what we paid we considered this good value for money.

Room Tip: There is no lift so if you have mobility problems make this clear to the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2jus
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We arrived at the Eastbury having booked through Secret Escapes, so not really knowing much about it. We were shown to a lovely room which I find hard to believe is just a Standard room...... it was large and comfortably furnished with a huge bed and amazing en suite! I had mentioned to the receptionist that I had a dietary problem and found that the staff really bent over backwards to accommodate me.......the chef even cooked something for me specially on our 2nd night.... we had enjoyed our meal so much on the 1st night that we ate there again. Our waiter was particularly nice and made me feel that nothing was too much trouble food wise I would wholeheartedly recommend the Eastbury and very much hope that we will be going again soon. I have already passed on one of their cards to friends! Definitel one of the nicest hotels we`ve ever been to!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel is a little shabby but we paid for an upgrade which was definitely worth the extra cost. Our room was spacious, quiet and clean.
The seven course tasting menu was delicious and the service friendly.
I have rated the hotel as average but I would rate the restaurant as very good.

Room Tip: I would recommend paying extra for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We've just celebrated my Mother's 75th birthday with a surprise party for 40 at The Eastbury Hotel. We chose it as my Mother's had a couple of meals there which she really enjoyed and she lives just around the corner.
Throughout all the arranging, Nicky, the owner was very pleasant and helpful. The actual party could not have gone better. The venue with the garden was perfect on a sunny day, the staff were all extremely professional and friendly to just the right degree, the food was lovely. We really couldn't fault any of it. A fantastic 'do'.
We would have no hesitation in recommending The Eastbury for a special occasion if you can afford it (and the prices are not too bad for such a good place).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends