Tower Lodge Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Swanage
See available hotels
  • Pool
View Hotel
The Pig on the Beach(Studland Bay)
View Hotel
Knoll House Hotel(Studland Bay)
  • Pool
Mortons House Hotel(Corfe Castle)
  • Breakfast included
The Bankes Arms Hotel(Corfe Castle)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We have just enjoyed a three night break in Swanage and stayed at the Tower Lodge . Can I just add at this point that I would usually allow myself to be guided by ETC/RAC/AA awards when electing to book accommodation as a result of viewing a web site. On this occasion as we were wanting to get away mid weed during the peek summer season we were not spoilt for choice with regard to finding a family room. I was pleased when I contacted the Tower lodge as not only were they very helpful, they also had a room available that met our requirements. I booked said room over the phone and paid a deposit via my card. It was only after I had made my reservation that I reviewed the hotel web site and panicked slightly as I realised that it did not boast any of the above mentioned awards. No need to have panicked, the Tower Lodge does not boast to be the best 4 star/diamond establishment in Swanage. But what you do get it good clean basic rooms, very, very friendly service from the family that run the establishment and a great cooked breakfast with lots of choice and alternative options at a fair price.. The Tower lodge does take large school parties on field trips as well as being available to book as an open house for large parties and such like, I assume this is why the rooms are kept fairly basic and they do not go in for the above mentioned award schemes. We did have a couple of issues during our stay, the first was with noise from an adjacent room, loud conversation / telephone calls that were in full swing when we returned ready for bed at 22.30 and went on well beyond mid night. ( Not really the hotels fault but sound proofing in the partition wall is non existent) The other was with the gravity fed shower, being on the second floor (room 9) the shower pressure was poor at best and we just about managed. I do not intend these two point to be negatives, just a true review of our stay. This B&B should not be over looked, it is clean, friendly, well located and has private parking. I would have liked to have rated it as 3.5 GOOD.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank c p
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We booked this as a last minute 3 night break, during the half term, and the owner offered us one of the top floor suites which was ideal for a family of four, as it had two seperate rooms within an outer door. Pleasant and functional rooms, double was just right for parents, and twin ideal for the two boys to share without too much drain on us parents.

Overall very pleasant stay, staff were friendly and attentive although, and this is not a critism in any way, if you are expecting to be pampered every hour of the day then this is not the place for you as you will be left to your own devices after the breakfast is served.

This suited us extremely well as we could come and go as we pleased, throughout the day.

All the rooms were cleaned and bedding made quickly and efficiently, place is very clean and tidy, if you are planning a stay in the area with young family and want a good base with freedom of movement then this hotel gives you that.

The only thing I would change about the place is to brighten up the porch area at the front, perhaps with some nice hanging baskets or similar, just to brighten this little star from the outside a touch

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MANDLB
Reviewed 1 October 2012

After year eight in Tower Lodge in Swanage (we must have been amongst their first guests) we are already planning for the next summer holidays. John and Domenica are loveley people,our children feel very much like part of the family and regard Tower Lodge as extended seaside home. We always feel very welcome, it´s an ideal family hotel - not too luxurious but very friendly, clean and comfortable, good breakfast, support with everything from tips to go to to dealing with children´s accidents.. Definitely highly recommended!

Room Tip: There are several family rooms with bunkbeds and en suite, some of the top floor rooms for single travellers without en suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Have just returned from a lovely August Bank holiday visit to Swanage & a stay at The Tower Lodge.
We will always stay at this friendly, family run hotel. We visit every year.
You are always made to feel very welcome, the rooms are comfortable & clean.
Being in a similar trade I know I'm a fussy customer, but I am never disappointed.
The selection at breakfast time is great & they will do whatever you want.
I have stayed here with my husband, mum & different friends at different times & the reception & service you get are the same each visit.
I would/do recommend.

:-)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Have recently returned from a lovely 2 week stay as part of a large family group. On our arrival the staff were extremely warm and welcoming, and remained particularly helpful throughout our stay. They were always friendly (even when bumping into them around town!), and their local knowledge proved invaluable when we had a rainy day with 4 young children needing to let off steam!! The rooms were lovely and clean, with very comfortable beds, and the breakfasts really were fantastic - compliments to the chef!! Just one problem - the children still expect their sausage and beans every morning along with several slices of toast! All booked for next year and looking forward to it!! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family