“Well located”
Review of Tower Lodge Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swanage
Tower Lodge Hotel
Ranked #42 of 49 Swanage B&B and Inns
Banstead, United Kingdom
“Well located”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Well located guest house a short walk to the town centre. Comfortable rooms. Impeccable clean, good breakfast. Owners very helpful and accommodating, allowing use of the car park after we had checked out. Reasonably priced. Would use again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nicky B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight at the Tower Lodge. We found it to be impeccably clean, the owners friendly and very accommodating. The room was light and airy and whilst the hotel's location is adjacent to a road into Swanage the traffic noise was negligible.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank procter568
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This is a perfectly satisfactory seaside boarding house, but with pretensions to be something else and prices to match. The place was impeccably clean, there was a large lounge, and the breakfast was wholesome and generous (fresh fruit salad a real bonus, and I enjoyed the kippers option). The proprietors cooked and served breakfast themselves but otherwise were off the premises, and there was no obvious staff presence during the day/evening, except a young woman who let us in and then disposed of us as quickly as possible, it seemed. The board outside mentioned a licensed bar, but there was no sign of this. The ground floor family room occupied by my elderly mother was comfortable and a good size, but there was very little surface space to put things down (and no where to lay a suitcase except the floor). My single room (Room 1) was cramped and overfurnished – two chests of drawers was quite unnecessary for one person and occupied valuable space that could have allowed a rearrangement of the furniture to allow access to the power points, which were both hidden behind furniture and very difficult to get at. Indeed, in an age where widely used gadgets need overnight recharging the provision of power points was inadequate; a multiplug adaptor (which the other room did have) would have largely solved this problem. (One got the impression that a certain amount of penny pinching went on; for example no bills or receipts were issued.) The kettle cord was not long enough to reach a power point safely without moving the kettle to the ground! As advertised, bathroom/toilet facilities for this room were on the landing and these were again clean and wholesome, and I was not aware of anyone else using them. But , as with my bedroom basin, and in my mother's room, the 'hot' water was never much warmer than tepid. Hand drying facilities (paper towels) would have been useful (switching off the light with wet hands should not be necessary) - even youth hostels have got that one sorted these days! There was no guest book or other invitation to comment. Would we stay again? Only if the prices were lower.

Room Tip: Avoid the single room (Room 1). Groud floor availability a bonus for elderly/disabled - not even any...
2 Thank Peter G
Renishaw, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband and I along with a 5yr and 8yr old,had 3 night break here recently I cannot speak highly enough of the hotel and its owners, it is a very friendly hotel, the room we stayed in was on the ground floor, perfect as both of us are in our 70's, as the room faced on to a busy main road I thought as a light sleeper I would hear the noise, but I was wrong and slept soundlessly each night. We had an en-suite shower room, and the room had a large double bed and bunk beds for the girls, it was ideal for us, the bed was comfy and everything was very clean, the breakfast was one of the best I have had, and I have travelled extensively throughout the UK, and countries of the world.
Tower Lodge is a short walk from a very pretty safe beach, and in easy walking distance of the town for shops. This was our first visit to Swanage and we were really impressed with the resort it is situated on a beautiful coastline.
We will definitely use this hotel again when visiting Swanage

Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We have just enjoyed a three night break in Swanage and stayed at the Tower Lodge . Can I just add at this point that I would usually allow myself to be guided by ETC/RAC/AA awards when electing to book accommodation as a result of viewing a web site. On this occasion as we were wanting to get away mid weed during the peek summer season we were not spoilt for choice with regard to finding a family room. I was pleased when I contacted the Tower lodge as not only were they very helpful, they also had a room available that met our requirements. I booked said room over the phone and paid a deposit via my card. It was only after I had made my reservation that I reviewed the hotel web site and panicked slightly as I realised that it did not boast any of the above mentioned awards. No need to have panicked, the Tower Lodge does not boast to be the best 4 star/diamond establishment in Swanage. But what you do get it good clean basic rooms, very, very friendly service from the family that run the establishment and a great cooked breakfast with lots of choice and alternative options at a fair price.. The Tower lodge does take large school parties on field trips as well as being available to book as an open house for large parties and such like, I assume this is why the rooms are kept fairly basic and they do not go in for the above mentioned award schemes. We did have a couple of issues during our stay, the first was with noise from an adjacent room, loud conversation / telephone calls that were in full swing when we returned ready for bed at 22.30 and went on well beyond mid night. ( Not really the hotels fault but sound proofing in the partition wall is non existent) The other was with the gravity fed shower, being on the second floor (room 9) the shower pressure was poor at best and we just about managed. I do not intend these two point to be negatives, just a true review of our stay. This B&B should not be over looked, it is clean, friendly, well located and has private parking. I would have liked to have rated it as 3.5 GOOD.

1 Thank c p
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We booked this as a last minute 3 night break, during the half term, and the owner offered us one of the top floor suites which was ideal for a family of four, as it had two seperate rooms within an outer door. Pleasant and functional rooms, double was just right for parents, and twin ideal for the two boys to share without too much drain on us parents.

Overall very pleasant stay, staff were friendly and attentive although, and this is not a critism in any way, if you are expecting to be pampered every hour of the day then this is not the place for you as you will be left to your own devices after the breakfast is served.

This suited us extremely well as we could come and go as we pleased, throughout the day.

All the rooms were cleaned and bedding made quickly and efficiently, place is very clean and tidy, if you are planning a stay in the area with young family and want a good base with freedom of movement then this hotel gives you that.

The only thing I would change about the place is to brighten up the porch area at the front, perhaps with some nice hanging baskets or similar, just to brighten this little star from the outside a touch

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MANDLB
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 1 October 2012

After year eight in Tower Lodge in Swanage (we must have been amongst their first guests) we are already planning for the next summer holidays. John and Domenica are loveley people,our children feel very much like part of the family and regard Tower Lodge as extended seaside home. We always feel very welcome, it´s an ideal family hotel - not too luxurious but very friendly, clean and comfortable, good breakfast, support with everything from tips to go to to dealing with children´s accidents.. Definitely highly recommended!

Room Tip: There are several family rooms with bunkbeds and en suite, some of the top floor rooms for single tr...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family