“A home from home - great facilities but with customer service that makes you want to come back.”

Robertsbrook Guest House
Ranked #12 of 47 Swanage B&B and Inns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

I've never written a review before but was compelled to do so after staying here for the weekend with my partner and 8 month old baby. The facilities were great - clean rooms, great breakfast - as commented on by everyone else. But what made this place special was Claire's attention to detail to make us and our baby feel welcome. A travel cot with beautifully soft linen, use of the microwave to sterilise bottles and a high chair and place setting at breakfast complete with baby cutlery! Even Coco the dog seemed happy to have us there! I couldn't recommend the place more highly.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at Robertsbrook. I can't praise this B&B enough! Claire made us feel so welcome,she gave us coffee on arrival, and told us all we needed to know about the Guest House.We stayed in room 2 which had just been redecorated,what a lovely room it was,some might say it was a bit girlie,but I loved it. There were bath robes provided and luxuriously soft towels,our bed was really comfortable and had crisp white linen. The shower in our en-suite was really powerful. Breakfast was amazing,all cooked to order,nothing was too much trouble for Claire. I just happened to mention to Claire that it was Colin and I's wedding anniversary while we were staying with her,when we got up for breakfast on Friday Claire had put a bottle of wine,card,balloon and chocolates on our table,such a wonderful surprise and so thoughtful.I would recommend this Guest House to anyone,I'm certain they will not be disappointed.

Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

My wife and I were booked in the Robertsbrook for a nostalgic 58th Wedding Anniversary in December but had to cancel due to a family illness. We were able to rebook for April and am I glad we we did. This is a little gem, close to all the amenities in Swanage. Our welcome from Claire on arrival was great and we sat with her having a cup of tea whilst she told us all we needed to know about the Guest House and the area. She even carried our baggage to our room. Our room was all that we could have asked for, clean, airy, light, with a wonderful shower room. A kettle, coffee,tea,hot chocolate, biscuits, and even a basket of sweets were in the room, plus a small cooler for wine of water if needed.

Breakfast was first class, a miscellany of cereals were followed by a cooked breakfast, cooked to order. All local produce. In other words this had all that a B&B establishment needs, plus more. Parking onsite and although we had a room overlooking the main road we heard no noise.

I think the visitor who wrote a less than complimentary review on Trip Advisor recently must be very hard to please - or did he stay somewhere else!! Claire the owner has got everything right with her little extra touches and her cheerful disposition. Herbie ( Golden Oldie)

Room Tip: We were in room 5 but fellow visitors told us their room was fine. Beware if you are no too fit room...
1 Thank goldenoldiehampshire
sussex England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We have stayed in Swanage lots of times but needed to find somewhere different to stay. Having read reviews about the Robertsbrrok guest house we booked a 2 night stay. So glad we picked this house, Claire was very welocoming and we were given a coffee when we arrived. Our room was large, bright and very comfortable. Excellent shower and plenty of hot water. The breakfasts were cooked when ordered and were very good, plenty to eat. We will stay here again and look forward to doing so.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

We had a one night stay here on 27th feb 2013. when we arrived we were met by Claire and were upgraded to the penthouse room.
The minute we walked into the room we were taken aback at how lovely it was. It was nicely laid out and everything in perfect order. There was tea and coffee available and tv. The ensuite bathroom was just as lovely.
The shower was very powerful and was lovely and hot.
We had a comfortable nights stay and slept well. In the morning we awoke and had another lovely hot shower before going down to breakfast. Claire once again greeted us and brought in tea and coffee as ordered. We then ordered breakfast while helping ourselves to the large array of items laid out. We both had a full cooked English breakfast which was absolutely delicious and cooked to our individual likings. The sausages were good quality ones that had been bought fresh direct from the butcher. Not a frozen sausage in sight!
We would recommend this as a good place to stay and next time we visit swanage would definitely book and stay here again

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at Robertsbrook. It was in a central location for both beach and town centre. The family room was fantastic and very clean indeed. The breakfast was of an extremely high standard. The owner (Claire) made every effort to make us feel welcome and even bought special Easter Eggs for our two children - this was appreciated. Thanks for a great time.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed here one cold night in March 2013 with my 6yr old son. After making the booking I was slightly put off by the restricted timings, arrival after 4.30 & leaving before 10.30 but soon found out you wouldn't actually want to spend any more time in this establishment.
Initial thoughts as I walked through the door was that it didn't look or feel like the pictures or descriptions I had viewed or read. The property is located on a main road opposite a busy supermarket & its carpark but is, as they say, not far from the town centre. I was greeted by Claire who was friendly, offered us hot drinks & was the only reason not to score this place as completely terrible.
The main staircase carpet was threadbare & our room just off it, which I was told "had just been redecorated if a little 'girly' for us", was cheap, cramped & tasteless & things only got worse.
In no particular order: The dividing wall between my room & my neighbours was wafer-thin, the door & door lock room were cheap & offered no semblance of security. The duvet & pillows were man-made fibre & summer weight. The sheets & towel (more later) were super-cheap cotton. There were no blankets in the room & I was unable to switch on the heating when I woke up frozen in the middle of the night, so I had to put more clothes on! The mattresses were lightweight (cheap) & uncomfortable. It was a twin room but the single beds were actually narrower than normal & one's springs seem to have collapsed on one side moving you from a sideways position (due to restricted width) onto the floor (due to broken springs) ~ I was lucky enough to be able to swap beds with my son!!
After a terrible nights sleep we jumped in the shower ~ the ensuite had been built to the same exacting standards as the rest if the room!! The partition, door, wc/sink & shower (particularly shower door which I thought would come off in my hand) were all of poor quality. The shower was electric & offered a dribble of water. Once, & sadly only once, we had finished showering, I realised there were no towels in the room other than a hand towel & a bath mat (which we had now saturated) ~ I dried my son 1st & then myself with the lightweight cotton hand towel, not a great way to start a day!!
Breakfast was average, egg yolks solid, mushrooms burnt & sausages clearly of the same cheap standard as the room.
As we rushed to exit the place, not any longer due to the time restriction ~ I wondered if I might share our experience. This was only decided when I was asked, via an automated email request, to submit an online review of our stay at the lovely Robertbrook guesthouse in Swanage ~ I hope you take this review, rather than many others before, into serious consideration before booking. Yours regrettably.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank jonny-bradford
robertsbrook, Owner at Robertsbrook Guest House, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you for your review, customer feed back is always important to us.. I was very upset that you felt your stay here was not a happy one. However I did feel that some of the content of your review were simply incorrect and so feel a manager’s response was necessary.
Not at any time during your stay with us did you make us aware that you had found the facilities lacking in any way , thus giving us the opportunity to rectify any issues you may have had, you did not mention on departure that you had not enjoyed your stay or had been disappointed .
To answer the points in your review.
My normal check-in times are from 4pm-10pm but you can arrive any time you like by prior appointment also had you asked for a later check-out I would have been more than happy to oblige.
The location of my property is opposite a small Co-Op and the Stream Railway there is a car park at the rear of the Co-Op but the room you had was at the back of my property overlooking a quite courtyard. We have always claimed to be in a central location.
The stair carpet is beginning to show signs of wear and tear on 2 steps on the kick boards, it is not threadbare and will be changed this year. The carpet in the room you had was new.
The room you had was only just refurbished with good quality furniture etc , Individual décor is what we pride ourselves on and makes us different from our competitor, but I can appreciate that not everyone has the same taste.
The dividing wall between the two rooms. This house was built in 1926 so the walls are thicker than a modern house. but on the evening you stayed the room adjacent to you was vacant.
The door is a fire door and when I had my fire inspection they request all the door furniture and locks to be changed to fit the new regulations. This door furniture was recommend by the Fire Regulator.
My entire duvets are 13.5 tog, I have non-allergenic duvets because there are a lot of people allergic to feather duvets. You are correct there was no blanket in the room but there was a spare duvet in the top of the wardrobe.
Again beds are a personal thing all my beds are medium firmness. As a B&B we purchase good quality beds again to fit the fire regulations, however I do appreciate that as a single bed it is slightly smaller than a normal single but that room can be let as a twin room or double room and as you found out that bed will zip together to form a kingsize bed.
None of our showers are electric, The shower in that room is an Aqualiza. When we moved into the property we spent a lot of money changing the hot and cold supply to high pressure in all our rooms.
There were towels in the room, they were on the shelving unit which I pointed out to you when I showed you the room. We only put one hand towel in the shower room the rest are in the main bedroom.
My sausages are all hand made from a local butcher, had you complained about the egg and mushrooms at the time we would have gladly cooked you another breakfast to your exact taste.
To conclude , I am of course disappointed you did not enjoy your stay , but I was given no opportunity to speak to you directly as you chose not to highlight your issues with me personally.
Should you visit Swanage again in the future I wish you a happier a stay.
Regards