“4 Night Stay”

Robertsbrook Guest House
Ranked #11 of 50 Swanage B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Lovely little B&B within walking distance to all the amenities in Swanage, and right opposite the bus station and steam railway for trips out! Claire was lovely and friendly, as were the others who worked there. As someone who used to come to Swanage a lot as a child, it was wonderful to come back and stay somewhere slightly different to caravans! The breakfast was fantastic, and there was always more than enough of everything!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 June 2013

As a birthday treat for my wifes 60th I booked 3 nights at Robertsbrook for the whole family (all eight of us inc. 2 grandchildren) My wife and I had previously stayed there in August of last year so had no hesitation returning! The rooms are first class, Claire made us all feel very welcome, even laying on a cake, drinks and balloon on arrival for my wifes birthday! I have no hesitation in recomminding Robertsbrook, we had a fantastic time. As for Swanage, what a lovely town. Although we were only there a few days, we crammed a lot in, there's so much to see and do in and around the town. In our case, a boat trip, the steam railway, monkey world plus a nice beach and great places to eat. Oh, and the breakfasts are suberb with lots of options.Thank you Claire, we all had a wonderful time, look forward to returning next year.
Steve, Joan, Jonathan, Tracy, Benjamin, Liza, Harry & Amber
Steve & Joan (and family)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is a convenient and friendly guesthouse ,a short walk to the beach and all local amenities with the steam railway station just across the road.The room was clean and exactly what we expected from the previous reviews and pictures. Claire was a friendly and helpful host and the breakfasts were lovelly

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

From the minute we arrived, we felt like we were home. Claire is amazing, friendly, welcoming and her local knowledge was fantastic. Especailly what we needed coming from South Africa, we didn't know what to expect or where to go!! Claire had everything at her finger tips. She really made us fall in love with the area, her enthusiasm for her village was contagious. We just wanted to see more and do more, we will definately be telling our friends about this part of the world and Robertsbrook Guest house.
Our room was fantastic, clean, light, plenty of tea and coffee, which suited us. Our bathroom was amazing.(Better shower then the one I have at home) The breakfasts, well what can I say except go there and try them. I just loved her finishing touch of a chocolate or a sweetie. Sort of just hits the spot!! The location is perfect, 5 minute from anywhere, beach, busses, town, you name it, the places are on your door step, yet you feel like you are away from everything!
I can truely say we were blessed to have such a wonderful stay at Robertsbrook and to meet such a caring person as Claire. I would not hesitate to recommend Robersbrooke to anyone looking for accommodation in Swanage. In actual fact I think that it's worth going to Swanage just to stay at Robertsbrook, go and soak up this wonderful B&B, I promise you, you wont regret it!
Claire I would just like to thank you for all your love and care, you are one very specail person, may your business grow from strength to strength.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and I just loved looking out the window and seeing the hills in the dista...
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in May.(3 friends from Benoni South Africa)We were made to feel so welcome as soon as we entered the door!!! She offered us tea which we gratefully accepted.When she realized we loved to walk she immediately offered to let us join her when she walked her dog Coco...which we did more than once. We loved it as we got to see more areas than we would have otherwise as we had no car. The B&B is spotlessly clean and the beds are comfy and the room decor is light and airy and the breakfast is generous and yummy!! The hospitality tray was well filled with coffee,tea and my favoutite,,hot chocolate, the bisciuts are divine too!It really was a home from home and we would stay here again in a heartbeat! Worth 6 stars out of 5 for me! There are extra special touches...the lemon squeezer for the salmon as well as the cooler in the room. Location is great,5 min walk to beach,pubs and shops. The train station and bus depot is across the road but not intrusive in any way with regards to sounds.We loved the outlook from our window...Swanage is very attractive.
I highly recommend Claires B&B. She proved to be a superb host and we will NEVER forget the time we spent walking with her and Coco. Holidays end but the memories last forever!! Thanks Clair for all the blessings!
So do yourselves a favour and experience a fab B&B in a great little town.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

From our first day till last Claire made us feel very welcome nothing was too much trouble.The breakfast was huge with a good selection.The bedroom clean & very comfortable.The position of this B&B is ideal 5 minutes walk to shops,pubs & beach,2minutes walk to steam train & buses.The extra touches like wine cooler in room made for a very pleasant stay.I have no hesitation in recommending Robertsbrook B&B

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We looked on the website & then called to make a booking & Claire made me feel welcome before we had arrived ! My husband & I had 2 nights booked & Claire upgraded us to a beautiful room. We were greeted by Claire who is such a lovely lady, & offered a drink & then shown to our lovely room. The room was really comfortable & so nicely decorated with everything coordinating, every little detail was addressed & this just helps make those extra little touches that little bit special. Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate & biscuits were provided in the room & were unlimited, even a corkscrew was provided should you wish to have a bottle of wine in your room ! Our breakfast was fantastic, & i would go as far to say, the best breakfast we have ever had when staying in a B&B. Please if you read this, and have read any negative reviews, really i think they must have stayed somewhere else as Robertsbrook is a really great B&B. Thank you again Claire.

Room Tip: We had a look at all the room & liked them all !
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple