“Great fish & chips!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Happy days...eating the most delicious fish & chips, while sipping on a cold beer in view of the sea. Magic!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Had our first experience of eating on the new terrace. Had the Tapas for 2 for £30 washed down with a good reasonably priced Cava. Fantastic setting and wonderful service as usual. Highlights of the Tapas were the Tuna / Crab combo, the Cod, and the Tortilla. All fresh ingredients very well cooked there on the terrace. Great ambiance as ever, G Whites goes from strength to strength.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Basically nothing to complain about, service great , food great and value for money great. Wish we had retuned here the following night.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I ate at the takeaway area 2 days ago and we wont be going back. Over priced, cold and poor quality of food. The cheesy chips we had were melted into the polystyrene containers they were served in. My children may have eaten some of this! We also purchased 2 sausage rolls from the hot plate. These were cold so I can only guess how long these had been sitting for! Mix this in with very poor and rude staff it was a terrible experience. I did ask to speak to the manager before leaving but no one was around to deal with my issues! There are far better places ti eat in Swanage!

2  Thank johnk198014
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We ate here twice last week because its so good - once in the sit-down restaurant bit and once from the takeaway part which is in essence the same as the sit down bit just not quite as much choice. The first lunchtime we shared the seafood platter and oh my goodness it was gorgeous. I absolutely love seafood and this is as good as it gets. I had my first taste of oyster which was so so and I didn't like the scallops but thats not the restaurants fault :-) they just tasted like you were chewing on a thick rubber band but some people obviously like that kind of thing as its on the menu LOL. The crayfish and prawns were lovely and its all laid out in a very nice manner on a bed of ice. Also the ciabbata was lovely and warm and crusty and went nicely with the seafood. I had a glass of chilled white wine which was delicious. The staff were very friendly and smiley and really did seem to enjoy working there which is a nice change to some restaurants. Because the food was so good we went back a second time and got several pots of different seafood (not the scallops LOL) and got some chips which I forgot to mention came with the seafood platter too and were delicious, crispy but not greasy) and this was a perfectly adequate sized lunch and was cheaper than the full platter. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will be returning myself whenever we are in Swanage. I've avoided in the past I have to admit thinking that anywhere that has a prime spot along the front isn't going to do very good food because these places generally don't - they trade on their position and the food gets forgotten about but not here. It has it all; great food, happy staff and a great position. It is a little expensive in the sit down restaurant but the quality is worth it.