“Short stay out of main season”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swanage
Sea House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 50 Swanage B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 February 2013

The short stay we had at Sea House was a great experience, nice and quiet and relaxing; lovely room and great breakfasts....just what was required after a busy Summer. It had been far too many years since we visited Dorset and we found Swanage lovely, a super wee south coast town and Sam's hospitality and help in orienting ourselves around the county was excellent. We also got good pub recommendations and also for local walks and cliff paths. Very highly recommended. Really good walking distance to the town centre, shops, railway, sea-front, etc ...Thank you...excellent, Denis and Mary Bell (north Glasgow)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 October 2012

we stayed a couple of nights . last min booking. very nice people made us feel very welcome. very nice deco. not far away from swanage about 10 mins walk. hostess sam very nice lady very helpfull and down to earth. liked it very much be booking next year breakfeast well very nice too

Room Tip: dont leave it too late too book a room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Book your room here, you won't be dissappointed.

We have just returned from a four night holiday, staying at the Sea House B&B. We found the B&B using trip advisor and were very pleased with our choice.
Sam welcomed us to her Seaside themed home with a cup of tea when we arrived, which was very welcome after a drive. Eddie her dog was also very welcoming to our Westie and wasn't at all put out by another dog living in his home.
Sam showed us to our room which was the large double room at the front of the house. This was very clean and a good size, enough space for two and a dog. The only down side to the room was that the door did not lock, Sam was quick to investigate and I'm sure this will be fixed asap.
The bed was very comfortable, the bed linen modern and suited the blue Seaside theme.
There is a good sized ensuite with a double width shower, water pressure was good and hot water always available. A hair dryer and a selection of toiletries are provided.

There is a kettle in the room, tea, coffee and chocolate drinks are supplied. Daily replenishment of biscuits and chocolates is a nice touch.

Breakfast was excellent, there was a full choice available. Cereals, porridge, orange juice, coffee and tea selection, full English breakfast or Croissants, with toast to finish. Any combination can be catered for. I tried a different combination each day and all arrived on time a faultlessly cooked.

Sam was friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome.

The best overall description of the Sea House is that it is a very welcoming Home from Home.

A recommendation nearby to walk to for an evening meal is the Black Swan. (turn left out the Sea House, left at the top of the road, bear right onto the High Street as the road veers left, you will find the pub/restaurant a short walk along on the RHS. About a 10 min walk) we ate there 2 of our 4 nights and the food was excellent.

I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
seahousebandb, Owner at Sea House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

Thank you for this review. This guest is more than generous, they even failed to mention that not only did their room not lock but the handle pulled completely off !!
I have found the cause. The handle was sorted the same day and the hinge is on the list for this week.
I didn't get away with it that easily though as my son made me watch a few episodes of faulty towers that night, was he trying to say something ?

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and loved having you all (poppy the westie included)

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed here for one night recently as we were attending a wedding in the area. The B&B is located on a quiet street, and is a really lovely place - beautifully decorated, and spotlessly clean. Our room at the front of the house had a superking bed which was really comfy too. We didn't have much contact with the owner, Sam, but she seemed pleasant enough.

My main issue with the B&B was the price - we paid £95 for one night, and I think I would probably expect a bit more for that price (eg. better quality toiletries in the bathroom; plus the portions served for our cooked breakfast were quite small!). However, I don't know if this is representative of B&Bs in the area - we went ahead and booked as it was the only place we could find available at admittedly short notice, so I'm assuming as Swanage gets so busy in Summer, the prices may be quite high everywhere.

Overall, a lovely place to stay, but I would hope to pay less if I was looking to stay again in future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

I am glad this guest liked the house and found it really comfy.
I am very disappointed to read that this guest thought the servings small at breakfast, This is not the usual feed back I get at all. I will try to make sure this does not happen again.
My prices reflect costs and the area. Stays of one night only in July are the highest cost.
I agree however that I will be upgrading the toiletries. It was my first selection, being relatively new to B&B !

Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was a lovely B&B that we somehow managed to book at the last minute - I'm surprised that there were any rooms left - lucky us!!

The house is well located for Swanage (an easy-going 10 minute walk) and is beautifully decorated with a sea-side theme and a tranquil atmosphere. The hostess Sam was very accommodating and didn't scrimp on anything, the breakfast was delicious and really good quality.

The dining room is charming, with a large table which all the guests eat at together and we met some interesting people as a result. Although you can arrange to eat at a different time to other guests if you don't want to share.

The sound-proofing around the house isn't brilliant and so you are aware that other people are around - it didn't bother us at all, but if you are used to total peace and privacy this might bother you a bit.

Room Tip: The four poster room is the largest and loveliest, although the bathroom is almost open plan to the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma L
seahousebandb, Owner at Sea House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2015

This is a very belated response, when I started I didn't realise about responding, just came across this review - thank you very much, and an update for everyone, for some time now the ensuite has had a door.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

I stayed here recently with my wife for a weekend break. On our arrival we were offered a cup of tea which was a nice touch. The property is very clean and decorated in a relaxing blue & white throughout with many seaside pictures (some, possibly all, by the artistic owner Sam). The thing I really liked was the breakfast; you were given a menu and could select whatever combination you wanted from this; I especially liked the sausages and the cherry tomatoes: Croissants were also on the menu. The communal breakfast table encourages holiday banter with fellow guests. The free on street parking combined with a shortish level walk to the seafront means there are lots of things to see and do without driving anywhere. Seahouse has a dog (Edward) and he was quite friendly and (importantly) quiet at night. We did have problem with the TV which I'm sure Sam has since sorted.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seajay2011
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This was one of the best B&B's we've stayed in...and definitely on the top of my list for Swanage!
Sam the owner gave us a really warm welcome, especially as we had left it really late before booking.
Her house is a real 'Taste of the Sea', just what you want for a seaside break!
Our room was a spacious twin, spotlessly clean and well equipped.... and the beds were really comfortable.
Breakfast was delicious, with a good selection to choose from the menu. The blue decor, wooden floors and 'seaside' art work (Sams own) made the breakfast room a real pleasure to sit in.
Even the 10 minute walk down to the beach didn't seem far - and by avoiding the noise of the town centre, we had a really peaceful few nights. Parking for free - right outside the door was really convenient too.
Sam was really helpful in telling us about where to visit and how to get there. Nothing was too much trouble.
The only bad thing was having to leave - and we can't wait to go back again. :0)

Room Tip: The four poster for a bit of extravagance!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends