“Charming!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swanage
Sea House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 47 Swanage B&B and Inns
Stratford-Upon-Avon, England, United Kingdom
“Charming!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the b&b for my birthday weekend with our dog at the end of March. We were so impressed at how comfortable we were made to feel. With a lovely breakfast in the morning, and a great selection of teas/ coffees/ hot chocolates and some biscuits in the room for a cosy hot drink before bed. The room we stayed in was spotlessly clean, with our own en-suite and shower. The dining area was lovely, decorated in a coastal style including some of the owners own art work. Really adding to the feel of being near the sea. Breakfast options wee fantastic! Nothing felt like too much trouble for the owner. Overall we had a fantastic experience and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
seahousebandb, Owner at Sea House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments, I am really glad you enjoyed staying and hope to see you all again. sam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Horley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed for one night at the Sea House during a scuba diving visit to Swanage over the early May Bank Holiday. Parking was easy and we received a warm friendly welcome along with a much needed cup of tea. The house is close to the town, bright, clean, quiet, well furnished. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. We would certainly consider staying again should the occasion arise.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank skinner75
seahousebandb, Owner at Sea House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you. I am so glad you found it comfortable. And I really appreciate the time you took to add your review. I am always working on improving things and even have some bigger TV's on order now.
west london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

My partner and I stayed for several days at Sea House. The bed was comfortable, I found the quilt quite thin but it was certainly warm enough and the pillows a little hard. Despite this I got a good night's sleep every night. However our advice would be to take care if you are a light sleeper. I am not so had no trouble. My partner is a light sleeper and was kept awake by a tapping noise which we suspect was hot water pipes contracting. This did not seem to be isolated to our room only, on speaking to other guests. No one else however had a problem with sleeping except my partner. I don't quite understand why everyone raves about the breakfast. It was very nice but pretty average. You are able to order what you want to eat the night before. There is juice on the table, you can take as much you want, you get a pot of tea or coffee and cereal is on the sideboard. It is about a 15 minute walk into the town centre, And located in a very quiet road which you can park in. It was very easy to find. For some reason the televisions in all the rooms are absolutely tiny bit bigger than my iPad! I don't understand why they could not be just a little bit bigger TVs are not that expensive these days!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cleocat46
seahousebandb, Owner at Sea House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Future guests however, Please DO NOT "take care" if you are a light sleeper, please speak to Sam, I care very much how well people sleep. I have many types of pillow, its impossible to know which people will prefer, quite a few bring their own, which may be of interest to guests who seem to feel bad doing this. I also have different thicknesses of duvet, and I am more than happy to change things you find not to your taste or comfort level. At this time of year it is hard to know which duvet to use and guests differ, there is a choice of six clean blankets/ throws or waffle covers of different weights and composition on the landing for guests to use. With the heating, again, future guests please say, I could have easily turned the whole system off. It is a large old house, sometimes the pipes tick, most times they don't. Over the years I have found English guests can be a little timid at coming forward for their own needs, but you are always welcome to contact me, in the house or on my mobile at whatever time of day or night for whatever problem.
I feel sad that a guest discuss house/ sleeping problems with other guests but not with me, the very approachable person who wants you to all have a good night staying here.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Sea House. The room was clean and nicely decorated, the reception was warm and friendly and the breakfast was amazing. It was very close to the the centre of town and a great base for exploring. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2014
seahousebandb, Owner at Sea House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, I really appreciate it, happy that you had a good break. Samantha
Southampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed for two nights in March - Decided not to take our dog although she would be welcome - Samantha was very helpful & friendly and both days a great English breakfast was cooked, which lasted us all day - we slept in four poster room which had bath en-suite with shower head - very clean b&b - would recommend to friends or family as town centre is 10 minutes flat walk - hopefully we'll make our way back again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank poppyjane
seahousebandb, Owner at Sea House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
thank you, its really great to have feedback. Its lovely to see people come down, relax and go home looking refreshed from their short breaks.
Felixstowe, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Our stay at Sea House was delightful. A lovely room - one with the 4-poster bed - superb breakfasts and, in Samantha, a truly welcoming and friendly host. We also appreciated Sam's paintings, photos and decor. Sea House is well situated being in a quiet street an easy walk to the town and sea. It's also close to a bus stop which proved handy when returning from some of our walks. Highly recommended, we look forward to returning for another holiday.

Room Tip: For a longer stay choose the 4-poster room as it has a wardrobe and separate bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you, it is really great when people stay for a longer stretch and soak up the atmosphere.
Marlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Bright, very clean and really comfortable. Stunning full English breakfast and Sam is a delight. Easy access to town and beaches. Very quiet at night. Rooms are spacious with full amenities. Nice little touches to make you feel welcomed and at home.

Room Tip: Stunning four poster if you book early!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
I was really touched by this review. its very kind. thank you