“Great weekend at Millbrook”

Millbrook Guest House
Ranked #4 of 48 Swanage B&B and Inns
“Great weekend at Millbrook”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Booked a double room for 2 nights at the Millbrook guesthouse. My stay in the KIMMERIDGE room was very nice and comfortable
including the use of the shared shower and toilet was great and no issues of having to wait.

Unfortunately due to my diving schedule I was unable to have their breakfast but sure that too would have been just as good as everything else during my stay. Definitely my first choice for booking on my next visit to Swanage

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Clean, tidy and pleasant. Ideally located.very good . service was good . everything made my holiday a thoroughly enjoyable experience.i would definitely stay there again and I would recommend it to other people

• Stayed June 2014
Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We decided quite last minute to take a trip to Swanage & found Millbrook via www.booking.com. I called direct & thankfully one of the family rooms was available. The Millbrook is a great place to stay, not far from the town centre & Anthony is every knowledgable about the area, having spent most of his life there! Our room with en-suite shower was very nice, comfortable & clean. It fitted to our needs as we had our 3 year old with us, and he was very taken with Millbrook & was quite comfortable. Breakfast was a delight & Tracy accommodated our little one in every way by offering various option for his breakfast. We will definitely be going back & will look no further for a quality & welcoming B&B! Thank you both!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Not a lot I can add to my last glowing review except that Anthony has taken over from his parents, but has maintained the very high standard in this lovely, friendly, immaculately clean, comfortable home from home. Breakfasts remain varied, yummy and you certainly don't need lunch! I so look forward to my annual visit, and feel as tho I'm leaving friends when I go. Have already started to save for next year :) As my title says, why isn't this Swanage's No !? It has my vote. Thank you

Room Tip: any lovely, have slept in 5 different! no 4 gorgeous tho
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The owner welcomed us at check in and was extremely friendly and helpful. The family room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast was faultless and delicious. All in all would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Boseywosey
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed at the Millbrook for 2 nights. Very clean and comfortable bedroom and en suite shower room. The bacon and sausage were particularly good at breakfast, though there was only fried egg on the menu - no alternatives were offered. Useful off- road parking at the back, and very close to the town centre and Swanage steam railway station. The Black Swan pub nearby served an excellent evening meal, and there were some enjoyable walks to explore the countryside and cliffs in the surrounding area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Anthony J, Owner at Millbrook Guest House, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for your kind review, We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast and your stay with us. Although the menu does show fried eggs we are more than happy to provide other options on request such as scrambled, poached or boiled, I will ensure our future menus reflect this.
Weymouth
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed at Millbrook for 2 nights and had a fantastic experience. Lovely room, friendly staff, excellent breakfast, immaculately clean and modern looking. Also, very importantly, it was nice and quiet. Will be coming back for sure.

• Stayed May 2014