“expensive”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2014

service was great , staff friendly food was good but way over priced for a family of three almost double the price as at home but we was there for a birthday meal and thats the type of food we wanted.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We visit Dorset every summer and I come to Lai Ho once or twice very time. I think the food is very good, an extensive menu with lots of seafood. The food is consistent and fresh, and not too salty, definitely a fair bit better than the average high street Chinese restaurant. I find the service good, the main guy is warm and friendly, the ladies seem a bit grumpy but fine when engaged in conversation. I have never had to wait too long nor been rushed. I was a bit surprised to read some of the negative reviews here, maybe they have off days, but based on my experience I would thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Horrible food and rude service. The food has little sauce and hardly no meat. The waiter was so rude that they basically shouted what do you want at us and didn't even say thank you when we paid the bill at the end! To top the bad service the food was so bad I've been up all night feeling sick. Definitely wouldn't recommend.

1  Thank Anon186262
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is one of your average Chinese, the staff were over attentive and felt rushed, saying that we did not have to wait long for food , but was not busy, and what we had was very tasteful ,they were very busy with takeaways though so that says something.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Open later than most restaurants, these guys have a chance to clean up, but the stark, dated decor and over cooked crispy duck mean, I'll give it a miss next time.

1  Thank SMST2014