“Not what I was expecting”
Review of Brook Tea Rooms

Brook Tea Rooms
Ranked #5 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Swanage
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Towcester, United Kingdom
“Not what I was expecting”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped here as it was only place serving a sit down meal at 5pm. On entering I wasn't sure, it looked a bit tired and dated but as they say "never judge a book by its cover"

The food was fantastic quality, plenty of it and at a good price. There were 6 adults, all of us had something different and none of us left a scrap of food on our plates. The ribs were melt in the mouth, the steak tender and juicy, fish was cook to perfection. I think the most noises came from the 2 that had the Coney Island hot dog and the homemade burger.

They also had whole lobster, local mackerel and other home made dishes.

The facilities could do with being renovated, if the menu hadn't been on the board outside I would have walked straight passed this place but I'm glad we gave it a chance.

I would definitely go back if I was in swanage again.

Visited August 2014

Staines, United Kingdom
“Good quality sandwiches”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stopped by for lunch and sat outside. Great views across Swanage Bay while we waited. Served efficiently and in a friendly way. The sandwiches we had - crab and prawn - were of an excellent quality. They were filled to the brim and were extremely tasty. Needless to say, we'll be back next time we're in Swanage.

bournemouth dorset
“Coney Island Dog at it's best”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Visited brook tea room late afternoon on 18th august 2014. The staff were very attentive. So glad we ordered Coney island dog and homemade smokey burger. Both were awesome. The coney island dog was in a half french stick and covered in chilli and melted cheese with a side garnish and fries..The burger was a fat steak burger with melted cheese and bacon with a side garnish and chips and it was to die for..Very impressed with the fantastic food, great service and amazing views through the window across the bay. We would definitely recommend Brook Tea rooms 110%

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Nice food !!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We visited this tearoom on a busy Wednesday we only had sandwiches and pot of tea. Sandwiches were served with a salad and some crisps which were lovely I had a crab sandwich and my partner had ham both were served on lovely soft bloomer bread would definitely go back.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great staff Great Location & Excellent food!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Firstly I have to say we have eaten here several times over the last couple of years and I do not understand the poor staff review below??
Without a doubt the staff are always really friendly and like a little banter.
This time we decided to have a large evening meal so 1Kg of mussels, 1 rack of ribs & a "Childs" burger later we were stuffed, overwhelmed by the delicious food and agreeing we wish we had had more evening meals here!
The Childs burger was huge and my 8 year old was putting it away like a caveman.
I was surprised just how delicious the seafood was as this can be got wrong so easily.
The owner offered a warm welcome and we will go back for more meals and of course the delicious tea & cake.