“Lovely food and great views”

Sea Breeze Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 82 Restaurants in Swanage
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, View, Groups, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are nothing fancy we are a relaxed family friendly restaurant.
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely food and great views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely romantic meal here and we couldn't understand why it wasn't busier. Great food, great value and great views. Just perfect.

• Visited August 2013

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent menu, excellent value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Ate here for my son in laws birthday, told them it was his birthday and they decorated the table, how lovely!! The food is amazing! Brilliant menu, we had two courses for £15, which was one of the nicest meals I've had in a restaurant in a long time. Our waiter was attentive, the food was freshly cooked, excellent location. Will definitely return!

Visited July 2013
Addlestone, United Kingdom
“Lovely menu but food overcooked!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

After looking at the menu we decided to visit this seafront restaurant.
Unfortunately the food was all really overcooked and almost inedible.
Overcooked scallops are really unappetising.
The waiting staff, however, were really friendly and when I explained why we were unable to finish our meals were really apologetic.
Hopefully this was a one off bad night for them.

Swanage, United Kingdom
“The Locals are back.........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Years ago we used to eat here when it was the fisherman's catch but the old owners really run it down and we never returned, I have heard some good reviews from other locals and decided to give it another go! Well all I can say why did I not go back sooner! We had two courses for £14.95 I had the scallops and my hubby had the prawns both were so tasty for mains I had a whole plaice and hubby had surf and turf which again very good. Our waiter was really nice and friendly, We will be returning IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU BACK ON THE MAP WELL DONE!

London
“premium food budget service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Firstly the food was good quality with the option of locally sourced items. They were good portion sizes and delivered promptly. Starters were local scallops on a bed of minted peas which was great. Mains were local crab salad and plaice both presented well (plaice was a bit wet inside) had a good taste. The dessert list was limited so we went next door and had local ice cream which was really good.

For this place to be a more like serious restaurant and less like a tourist trap then a few things need to change. Firstly the name of the restaurant has changed in the last four years but hasn't been changed on some website so can be confusing especially as the restaurant is on a pedestrian walk way, make sure you check out where the car parks are before you set off as there is no parking available at the place. Unfortunately the most memorable experience of this place is the service. We were left standing for 5 minutes by the waiter and waitresses who both repeatedly blanked us, we were eventually shown to a dirty table. Once seated we were sat next to a couple who got up and left saying ' I'll just go and see if they are actually open' the staff seem more interested in their passing friends than their customers. When the waitress was clearing out plates she kept dropping cutlery including a folk down my back which illicited no interest nor apology from either of them.

When we first turned up we asked a couple what the food was like, they said better than you'd expect I feel exactly the same.

Iike a metaphor for holidaying in the UK you pay a lot for not a lot.

• Visited July 2013
Ronny25, General Manager at Sea Breeze Restaurant, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review we are deeply sorry that you felt we was poor, We are a little confused as you started off with saying that the food, quality and portion sizes were good but then ended with (Like a metaphor for holidaying in the UK you pay a lot for not a lot) I personally think £14.95 for two courses of fresh local produce is good value for money.
The name change we have contacted Google etc if you was aware of the name change and put in sea breeze it does come up but if you put in the old name it will still appear just like any other old Business.
Unfortunately we don't have any parking because the road is closed in the summer season and customers can enjoy looking out to sea with no cars in there view but in the winter the road is open and people can park along the whole road. I am upset to read that you thought the service was bad as i feel all our staff work to the best of there ability i would like to reassure you we have addressed this with the staff that was on that evening, I wish you had asked to see the manager if it was as bad as you are saying as there is always one on every shift and we could have dealt with the situation there and then, I am very surprised to read this as one thing the public compliment us on is our staff and how well they look after them. Again sorry that the table was dirty our staff do try and clear tables as quick as possible but on busy periods this sometimes just is not possible they are only human.
Sorry to have gone on and please accept my apologies.