“fresh and tasty”

Sea Breeze Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 83 Restaurants in Swanage
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are nothing fancy we are a relaxed family friendly restaurant.
Andover, United Kingdom
“fresh and tasty”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Really enjoyed lunch. I had cod and chips. The fish was really fresh and tasty and a lovely crispy batter. Sat at a table by the window so we could see the sea. The restaurant was clean and welcoming. The waitress was friendly and happy and very attentive.

• Visited February 2014

Dorset Coast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The worst food I've ever been served”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Long wait, awful (re-fried & soggy) chips and my daughter was served a sausage that was still cold/uncooked in the middle - you have been warned!

Visited February 2014
Ronny25, Manager at Sea Breeze Restaurant, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review we do take all negative and positive feed back Seriously. I am deeply sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at the restaurant, I can reassure you that all meat and fish dishes that leave the kitchen is temperature probed to the correct heat I can also reassure you we don't not re heat our chips! All our meal's are freshly prepared. If you was not happy with your meal you should of let the waitress / waiter aware and a full refund would of been given.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Was Nice”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I ordered a cod and chips and they were pretty nice. The staff threw a grenade at me however and it hurt a lot. Now i am scared that she will do it again if i go back.

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Sorry to say but..............................”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Very surprised at the other ratings.
We were there on Sunday 6th for breakfast and the experience was not good at all. We ordered at 1100 however, from then on in we wished we hadn't bothered.
We waited until 1140ish for it to turn up. The waiter apologised saying 'sorry there was a large breakfast order before you'. We looked out the window and there was 8 people outside, 2 having turned up 30 mins after us. With 2 in the kitchen and 2 waiters, I thought this was a really odd thing to say as it was just the 2 of us inside. Just about to walk out when it finally arrived.
The breakfast itself was mediocre at best. The sausages were cheap, catering ones, the whole tomatoe was warm outside, raw and cold inside, the toast was thin, cheap bread and we had to ask for butter. Bacon ok, egg ok, baked beans ok. By the time it arrived I'd drank my tea and was not in the mood to ask for more. Hubby had 2 coffees which were very small for the price. The £16.45 bill was a real shocker.
There are too many nicer places in Swanage to go so we will never eat here again.
Shame as the fish and chip side is good and the restaurant looks very nice inside and of course, the sea view. Wouldn;t risk it though based on Sunday's experience

• Visited October 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Lovely location, ordered a breakfast which was very nice but wasn't impressed the way the cutlery was just thrown on to the table! If there are seats available outside I would recommend, especially on a nice day just for the view.

• Visited August 2013