“Thoughtful and delicious!”

Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in Swanage
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We visited the Black Swan three times during our holiday -twice with our children and once as a couple. On each occasion the service and food could not be faulted; there is an interesting menu using high quality local ingredients. The atmosphere and bar are excellent and the beer garden is peaceful as well as welcoming. Our daughter has a severe food allergy and the landlady was very kind and reassuring that they were happy to cater for her- she enjoyed her meal so much that we returned two nights later. Would recommend without reservation.

1  Thank Lizibrown B

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Good food: tasty, huge portions & reasonably priced

A proper pub with nice beer.

In winter they have a roaring fire, which is always nice.

One of our favourites in Swanage

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I decided to take my wife away for the weekend to Swanage to celebrate our 10th anniversary of going out with each other. I wanted to take her out for a meal and did some research on Google and Trip Advisor to find a suitable pub or restaurant which does gluten free food, as my wife is a coeliac.
I chose The Black Swan and was glad I did. My wife had a good selection on all the courses to choose from, she decided on gluten free fish & chips as a main. She said it was the best she has ever had and her desert was equally as good. I had the 10oz ribeye steak which one of the best meals I have ever had and had a Mediterranean twist to it with flavours from the med. My desert was extremely good as well and both courses had huge portions if anything too big, I was struggling to finish my desert but I didn't want to waste such a delicious pudding.
The staff were friendly and helpful, a great atmosphere and such a cute pub dog named Pickles.
All in all it we had a wonderful meal, the only down side was it was quite a trek from where we were staying which was the other side of Swanage.

1  Thank petethemeat69
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were recommended this pub as a great place to eat some gluten-free pub food, and it was great! They have a garden at the back and a front room where families with kids are allowed too, but it can be very busy so better to book in advance....

1  Thank TravelAdvisor1970
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Found this place by chance, a member of our group has to stick to a gluten free diet and this came up after a google search, it was a bit of trek up from the sea front but well worth it, plenty of gluten free options on the menu the food was all freshly cooked nicely presented and tasty, as an added attraction we had in house entertainment from Pickle the dog.If i lived locally it would be my regular.