Stayed in the Louisa Lodge for a couple of nights on a family break - the family rooms in the lodge are great as they kids had their own room upstairs with a staircase leading up from our room. Very good arrangement if your kids are too old to be in with parents but not old enough for their own room. The lodge itself is a bit Travelodge-ish and the decor is rather tired and dated. Our room was superficially clean but on closer inspection there was thick dust on the lights over the bed, the bathroom could have done with half an hour with a bottle of bleach and I found rubbish from previous occupants down the side of the bed (I reported the latter to the hotel who were apologetic and sorted it out....but that's not really the point). Breakfast was excellent and the staff were courteous and helpful but my overall impression was that nobody really cared - they were going through the motions but I didn't feel there was much desire to make things really great. The main hotel has a faded grandeur which is lovely and the shower in our bathroom was fab. I'm rating it as average because it would be an exaggeration to say it's very good, however I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Purbeck House Hotel, "An Oasis of Relaxation and Enjoyment." Purbeck House Hotel is a family-run hotel steeped in over a century of history. Nestled in extensive gardens in the centre of Swanage, close to shopping centre, Pub, Restaurant, this unique family-run hotel combines the atmosphere of a traditional country house with all the amenities of a modern hotel. Steeped in history, the 38 bedrooms are divided between the main house, constructed in 1875, and the newly-built Louisa Lodge (completed in 2003). All of the bedrooms are en suite, Tea/Coffee making facilities, LED HD Flat Screen TV, Iphone Docking Station, Iron and Iron Board, Direct Dial Telephone, Free Broadband WiFi Connection and some have sea or garden views. The hotel has a large car park and is only 300 yards from the sea front and the clean, sandy beaches.This Family howne this Hotel for the last 15 Years ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Purbeck House Hotel & Louisa Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Purbeck House Hotel And Louisa Lodge
- Purbeck House Hotel & Louisa Swanage
- Purbeck Hotel Louisa
- Purbeck House Hotel & Louisa Lodge Swanage, Isle Of Purbeck