We had our staff Xmas party here this last weekend and what a truly great evening it was. The venue is gorgeous and full of charachter as it used to be a convent many years ago. I certainly remember it when it was. There are some stunning original features retained and it gives a feeling of timelessness. The attentiveness of the staff was second to none. From the moment we stepped through the door and were offered a glass of mulled wine, the ordering of starters and pudding and served from the carvery by the charming chefs was seamless. Top marks to the chef who made our vegan chocolate brownie for myself and a colleague. DELICIOUS!!! Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The room was spacious and airy, well it would be, it was like a giant conservatory. There was plenty of room for everyone. Someties at these do's one an feel hemmed in. Nice touch to have the disco all organised by the hotel itself. The food was delicious and generous and piping hot. The only disappointment, for me, was that I couldnt have any of the most gorgeous looking roast potatoes and parsnips because they were cooked in butter; being a vegan, just couldnt do it. Please, if we come next year, can you cook them in veg oil/ Please, please, please!!!. A massive thank you to all the staff at the Purbeck House Hotel for helping to make our party special. Will definately be booking this again for next year. Stunning venue. I loved the room which must have been the chapel. Quite eerie because there was a big piano in that room with no ne playing but there was piano music wafting in the room. Nice touch. All in all. Great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Purbeck House Hotel, "An Oasis of Relaxation and Enjoyment." Purbeck House Hotel is a family-run hotel steeped in over a century of history. Nestled in extensive gardens in the centre of Swanage, close to shopping centre, Pub, Restaurant, this unique family-run hotel combines the atmosphere of a traditional country house with all the amenities of a modern hotel. Steeped in history, the 38 bedrooms are divided between the main house, constructed in 1875, and the newly-built Louisa Lodge (completed in 2003). All of the bedrooms are en suite, Tea/Coffee making facilities, LED HD Flat Screen TV, Iphone Docking Station, Iron and Iron Board, Direct Dial Telephone, Free Broadband WiFi Connection and some have sea or garden views. The hotel has a large car park and is only 300 yards from the sea front and the clean, sandy beaches.This Family howne this Hotel for the last 15 Years ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Purbeck House Hotel & Louisa Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Purbeck House Hotel & Louisa Swanage
- Purbeck House Hotel And Louisa Lodge
- Purbeck Hotel Louisa
- Purbeck House Hotel & Louisa Lodge Swanage, Isle Of Purbeck