We spent 3 nights at this hotel recently, in the Louisa Lodge. I think we got the best of the deal as the Perbeck Hotel part was very tired looking.
Our room was just a modern hotel room but it had a nice balcony and view over the town and out to sea but there were 2 chairs on the balcony but no table.
The main building was lovely on the outside but in need of a lot of TLC inside, the public rooms had beautiful ornate ceilings and fireplaces but there wires everywhere, shabby upholstery & carpets and chipped furniture.
The whole place reminded me of an old peoples home and the clientele rather backed this up.
Breakfast was in a conservatory which was obviously a "function room" bar dancefloor ect.
and was very ordinary in fact I did not bother after the first day.
It was little things that were wrong, they did not replace the toiletres as they were used, the bar service very slow and the barman slovenly with his waistcoat undone, and more interested in the TV than serving us.
We ate one night in the dinning room I have had more fun in a library but the food was very good it was just so quite with only one other couple in.
saying all this the grounds were lovely and there was plenty of parking which is good in town.
I feel lack of money is probably the problem, it would certainly be a shame if this old building were to get any more shabby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Purbeck House Hotel, "An Oasis of Relaxation and Enjoyment." Purbeck House Hotel is a family-run hotel steeped in over a century of history. Nestled in extensive gardens in the centre of Swanage, close to shopping centre, Pub, Restaurant, this unique family-run hotel combines the atmosphere of a traditional country house with all the amenities of a modern hotel. Steeped in history, the 38 bedrooms are divided between the main house, constructed in 1875, and the newly-built Louisa Lodge (completed in 2003). All of the bedrooms are en suite, Tea/Coffee making facilities, LED HD Flat Screen TV, Iphone Docking Station, Iron and Iron Board, Direct Dial Telephone, Free Broadband WiFi Connection and some have sea or garden views. The hotel has a large car park and is only 300 yards from the sea front and the clean, sandy beaches.This Family howne this Hotel for the last 15 Years ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Purbeck House Hotel & Louisa Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Purbeck House Hotel And Louisa Lodge
- Purbeck House Hotel & Louisa Swanage
- Purbeck Hotel Louisa
- Purbeck House Hotel & Louisa Lodge Swanage, Isle Of Purbeck