Grand Hotel Swanage
US$179
US$168
Travelocity
US$236
Knoll House Hotel(Studland Bay)
US$348
US$338
Travelocity
The Bankes Arms Hotel(Corfe Castle)(Great Value!)
US$177
  • Breakfast included
US$178
US$155
Hotels.com
The Pig on the Beach(Studland Bay)
1,020 results
All reviewssea viewthe general managerthird floorprivate beachbar menulovely old hotelseen better daysnight breaksome tlcshort breakfabulous viewsroom was clean and comfortablesunday lunchcar parkingthe cliffrelaxing breakfantastic location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We visited this hotel in May as they were hosting a Wedding Fair. The Grand occupies an imposing position high up on the cliffs as you begin to drive out of Swanage you turn into Burlington Road. There is a small car park but plenty of parking in the road.

As we entered the hotel there was a toastmaster in full regalia waiting to welcome visitors. Beyond the reception there was a bar and seating area, this leads on to a lovely conservatory with stunning views over the bay.

The hotel had been showcased for a wedding with flowers, wedding cakes, disco, tables dressed for the wedding breakfast, a marquee for the ceremony, make up artist, guitarist, saxophonist and much more.

The hotel has a calm and relaxing atmosphere, it has recently been redecorated and looks very nice. The staff were friendly and helpful.

There is a restaurant or if you prefer bar snacks are available.

We didn't stay so couldn't comment on the bedrooms.

On the ground floor there is a health club and spa.

Overall a very pleasant visit and an ideal venue for a wedding as the Grand offers the whole package under one roof.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lindsay B, Manager at Grand Hotel Swanage, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for your comments. Our Wedding showcase was a great success and enabled us to show our newly built Gazebo with Marquee licensed now for Civil Ceremonies outside-with the wonderful views and I we are very pleased to receive such great feedback.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I had a day out yesterday. We live in Bournemouth and both possess a Bus Pass, so we took the open-top Breezer Bus from Bournemouth (Service 50) to Swanage and then walked from the Bus Stop a very short way to the Grand Hotel, where we had booked lunch.

We were welcomed enthusiastically by the Staff and were shown to our Reserved table which was on a covered balcony, with glorious views straight across Swanage Bay.

The service was impeccable at all times, the food was perfectly fine and we had a lovely lunch in pretty much perfect surroundings.

After lunch, we took coffee on the lawns adjacent to the beach. A perfect day out. Would I recommend this hotel for lunch? Yes, I would - and they do afternoon tea as well, which would be equally delightful, I'm sure. Give it a try. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable lunch with us and was able to take in our wonderful views from the Conservatory and gardens and we very much look forward to your return visit to us.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Grand Hotel was taken over by our family, nearly all the rooms were booked and Saturday evening we had a party of 70 guests. The staff made the stay perfect, rooms were comfortable and quiet, food was delicious, the views are stunning overlooking the Jurassic Coastline, Swanage and the Isle of Wight.
This was the perfect setting for a very big celebration and in a couple of years it will be our first choice for another big celebration.
Well done Lindsay and staff. Colin C. S.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your great review. I was very pleased that your Weekend party went well. It was indeed a great evening for all of us as well and a pleasure to organize for you both. It was lovely to hear the wonderful comments from your guests departing with us on the Sunday morning. I hear that there maybe plans to repeat again in the future which we will be delighted to be a part of again.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

As a solo traveller I felt totally at ease, staying at the Grand Hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the Manager was excellent. My room on the 3rd floor had an amazing view looking across the bay of Swanage. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well. Breakfast was good offering a wide variety of choices. The hotel restaurant was bright and airy and offered superb views. The conservatory - an added bonus - where you could relax and enjoy the view whilst having a drink or afternoon tea - which was excellent - or you could chose to have dinner there in the evening as an alternative to the restaurant. The pathway, at the end of the garden, led down to a lovely private beach where you could easily walk into Swanage Town. The use of the Spa, at no extra charge, was an excellent way to unwind after my long walks! I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone wanting a relaxing, comfortable and friendly place to stay!

Room Tip: I asked for a high floor simply because I wanted to enjoy the view. I wished I'd requested a bath, I only had a shower. It was very quite in the room and you also have the benefit of no one walking above you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bev M

Thank you for your wonderful review. I will pass on your comments to the team and we all look forward to your return visit to us again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Swanage has always been a favourite destination but we have vever stayed in a hotel there before, either camping or self catering. This was a spur of the moment decision and chose the cheapest of 3 hotels. No regrets! From friendly check in to check out, no member of staff let the hotel down. Room was spacious and clean with great views, bed very comfortable and loads of hot water. Breakfast was good with wide choice (try the cheese and cold meat option).
On the minus side, lack of parking and WI FI did not work in room. But that is nit picking as every thing else was above expectation. Great value!
PS If you want to eat in Swanage between 4.30 &6.00, no chance! By 4.30 most cafes had closed and pubs and restaurants did not start serving food till 6.00pm.

Room Tip: sea view essential or why bother
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple