“Coasteering at Durdle Door”
Review of Land & Wave

Land & Wave
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in Swanage
More attraction details
Owner description: Land & Wave are Dorset's biggest and best Adventure Sport provider. Thousands of people come coasteering, climbing, kayaking and more with us every year and we are very proud of our customer feedback. Land & Wave also provide bushcraft, Glamping, Food course and lots more.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 October 2015

Having been coasteering with Land and Wave over the last 8 years it just seems to get better. They have 2 main coasteering sites (Dancing ledge (Nr Swanage) and Durdle Door/Man -O-War (Nr Lulworth Cove). The weather and sea conditions change each site every time. Last time out (10 October 2015) I went out with a group headed by Joe to the Durdle Door site. The weather conditions were particularly favourable allowing us to swim and jump from the seaward side of both the Man O War area and between MOW and Durdle door. It was just a great day!!

L&W provide all the kit (except your footwear) and in my experience all the instructors are very well trained and competent.

All reviews
"rock climbing"
in 13 reviews
"last weekend"

Reviewed 12 October 2015

Chris and Lauren our guides from Land & Wave made this a stag event to remember. Nearly all 20 of us were new to coasteering with mixed feelings of love for being in the water (especially hungover) but Chris and Lauren judged our appetite perfectly.

No problems with hot/cold despite being October. Trip was well organised, equipment good, guides capable, Durdle Door setting stunning. Thoroughly recommended for stags or any other similar team/group style event,

Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

If you haven't tried it and you love an adventure, loads of excitement and an adrenalin rush I would absolutely recommend it. I had been waiting to go for over a year, but when I came to book my voucher had actually expired and yet Land & Wave still offered me a slot to make sure I didn't miss out. This was a nice touch and must admit I was very impressed by that, as was I by the organisation of the whole event. Joe and Jas that lead our group were amazing and as we had a small group we were able to move fairly quickly, avoid other groups and then stay at certain points as the waves were so good. Some of the jumps really tested us and were certainly a challenge, but it always felt the instructors knew exactly what they were doing and that fine line between challenge and safety was not crossed. One cave area which we swam past looked amazing but they looked at it and decided the conditions were too tricky and that for me is the correct 'balance' you need from instructors. We finished our afternoon tired but absolutely buzzing! I would certainly do this again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company based on my experience today!

Reviewed 5 October 2015

Had a great morning coasteering last Saturday morning at Dancing Ledge near Swanage. Went with 3 friends all in our 50's. Another couple joined us and the 6 of us were led by Alex and Jason.
It was hard work but we said we would love to do it again. Land and Wave provided all the equipment that we needed and at £45 we thought it was good value.
Would highly recommend for all ages.