We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swanage
Hermitage House Bed & Breakfast,
Ranked #38 of 50 Swanage B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 March 2011

My sister and I stayed in this B & B on a recent cold winter weekend in Swanage. On arrival, we were shown to a room on the top floor, & immediately noticed that the room was very cold, the furnishings very tired and out of date, the towels were thin and musty. We hoped that on our return later that evening the room would have warmed up but the room felt very very cold, so cold in fact that I kept on all my clothes including socks in order to be warm enough to sleep. The bedding was inadequate for a room so cold. My sister covered herself with my coat to keep warm in her bed. Next morning, our tea with breakfast was served lukewarm and when we complained, several other guests also asked for hotter drinks. After breakfast, we paid the landlady the £60 asking fee, and complained about the temperature of our room. She responded by making excuses about the boiler of the house, and that she did the best she could. She did not apologise at all, and in fact was defensive and seemed uninterested in our discomfort. I would never stay here again and wish to warn unwary travellers to Swanage about the lack of care and interest shown by the owner of this place.

• Stayed: March 2011