“Great experience on the dining cart”
Review of Wessex Belle

Wessex Belle
Ranked #30 of 86 Restaurants in Swanage
Price range: US$8 - US$65
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great experience on the dining cart”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We booked Sunday lunch on the dining cart of the old Steam train as a surprise for my mums birthday. It was a great experience for all of us. The food was delicious and nice and hot. You are seated in the first class carriage and your mind wanders as to what it would have been like back in the days. Trip lasted just over 2 hours with great views of Corfe Castle. Well worth the £30 a head cost.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Fiona M

Poole, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal with atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We've been on this dining train a few times over the years. Perfect for a special birthday, anniversary etc. Train runs back and forwards to Norden during the evening, duration on board is from about 7pm to about 10.30, and the food is equal to a very good restaurant.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank Suealfie13
Poole, United Kingdom
“Retirement Party 27th June 2014”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I would like to thank everyone involved in organising my party, which my guests thoroughly enjoyed, and was a very special day for me.

I have had many compliments on the food and service on the train. It is hard enough in a normal restaurant to serve 76 diners with different meals at the same time, but to do it so well on a moving train was considered exceptional. The food was delicious and very well presented. Thank you Adam and John.

The catering and service was an important part of the day, but I am very grateful that I was able to entertain people with visits to the cab of a marvellous engine, which I understand took a lot of work to prepare. Thanks Billy and the behind-the-scenes crew, and all who ensured that it ran to time!

I am very happy to recommend the “Belle” for a corporate event and will post my comments on Trip Advisor too.

A wonderful day for me and my family, staff, friends and clients, that I will never forget.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank s m
Rowsley
“First Class Dining Experience”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Felt like going back in time, eating on a moving train in plush, first class surroundings. We booked the evening meal to celebrate my birthday, a change from sitting in a normal restaurant with a static view. The food was very good, the staff were excellent and the ride very smooth.

The changing views out of the window made it a memorable experience, especially the views of Corfe Castle in the twilight.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank coljenki
“see swanage railway”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

What fun going back in time .A long meal as we travelled up and down the railway twice .the food was really good and we praised the cook Adam via his dad who was a waiter .

service incredible but also quiet really well organised and unobtrusive
manythanks an evening we will always remember

Visited May 2014