“Great value. Superb.”
Review of Caythorpe House

Caythorpe House
Ranked #8 of 50 Swanage B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was in a party including cyclists and drivers (and a dog) and we all agreed that Caythorpe House was a clean, tidy and well run hotel. The landlord and lady were friendly, made us feel very welcome and went out of their way to accomodate our particular needs. Overall just great value.. I'd certainly stay there again...

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Having stayed at Caythorpe House for the last 14 years I was very dubious of a new owner coming in but Alan soon put my fears at rest. He is a very warm friendly host who makes you feel very welcome. He has made major changes to the property improving it greatly, the rooms are now very warm and comforting with a much brighter décor and lovely pictures of Swanage throughout. Being a keen fisherman Alan prepared the fish I caught for breakfast with no problem what so ever and always checking if everything is ok with me, offering a coffee no matter what time of day. Every year it gets better. I would thoroughly recommend Caythorpe House to anyone that's why I'm going back next year.
Dave T, Coventry.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Caythorpe House is perfectly located with easy to access to the town & beach . I received a warm helpful welcome and found the room to be reasonably large and well-furnished with en-suite , The bed was comfortable, The breakfast was excellent, Alan makes you feel at home as soon as you enter.. excellent Hospitality good value for Money would defiantly revisit

Room Tip: room to be reasonably large and well-furnished with en-suite , The bed was comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This B & B is in a fantastic location in Swanage. It is only a short distance from the Bus and Train Station along a level road. The beach is about a 2 minute walk down a gentle slope. Alan took over the B&B just over a year ago and the improvements he has made in that short time are really noticeable. On our arrival we were shown to the guest lounge where we were offered tea and biscuits which was a lovely gesture after a journey. We stayed in Room 1 and it was very clean and nicely decorated and it also had a view of the sea. There was a nice seleciton of cereals and fruit for breakfast, as well as, a choice of a full English cooked breakfast.Alan was a very helpful and friendly host and we would certainly stay with him again when we next visited Swanage.

Room Tip: Room 1 has a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We thoroughly recommend 'Caythorpe' with it's very friendly atmosphere enhanced by the owner
Alan who makes you feel at home as soon as you enter.
Our bedroom was clean and airy with all the necessary amenities as well as a view of the sea.
The guest house is ideally situated a few minutes walk from either the town or the sea.
No need to pay for car parking in Swanage as Alan has ample parking that he has marked out at the rear of his property.
Before leaving each day we were treated to a really good and well cooked breakfast.
It certainly will not be our last visit to 'Caythorpe'!

Barrie and Keith

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Alan O, Owner at Caythorpe House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Hi Barrie and Keith. Thank you for your very kind words. It is always a pleasure to welcome you to Caythorpe and I do enjoy it when a guest has 'the works' for breakfast and is 'set up' for the day! Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Good location, close to beach, town centre, bus station and the Swanage railway. Alan made us very welcome on arrival, offering us a cup of tea immediately, and was always attentive to his guests. Breakfasts were good and plentiful. The room was clean and comfortable. This is one place we will definitely revisit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick and Linda T

Hi Nick & Linda, Thank you for your great review. It was good to have you stay with us. We are so lucky being so close to the beach and the town centre. Being on the flat is also a boon too! Looking forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Swanage.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Swanage is a place I have visited many times, to the extent I refer to it as my home from home.
It is the first time I have stayed at Caythorpe Hotel.
The hotel is owned by Alan Ould, who took over about 12 months ago. He is doing a mighty fine job! I had tried to book some rooms in Swanage for my birthday and was having no joy. Alan was the only proprietor to explain to me that a major event was going on that weekend and I wouldn’t find anywhere and that it might be best to try another date. Alan was booked out but had a family room left if we didn’t mind sharing. It was myself and two friends for one night so we figured we’d ‘Cope’.
Alan sent through a receipt and information on how to find the hotel in plenty of time. We arrived and were greeted by a very friendly person, who was Alan. Throughout the whole stay nothing could be too much trouble and he was always ready to give advice on where was good to eat and was really supporting local businesses. The room was lovely, it went beyond our expectations of something we’d ‘cope’ with. It was clean and comfortable with a nice sized shower room, a television, ample storage and coffee making facilities. There were a few options available at breakfast and Alan even let us leave our car there after check out so we could enjoy Swanage for a little while longer.
I will definitely be back to Swanage, that was never in doubt, but I can say that I will definitely be back at Caythorpe Hotel…hopefully very soon!
Thank you Alan!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alison R

Hi Alison, Thank you for such a great review. It was a pleasure having you and your friends stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to Caythorpe on your next trip to Swanage.