“Disgusting food and service”

Harlees' The Parade Fish Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 82 Restaurants in Swanage
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food, British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Disgusting food and service”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Ordered a takeaway bitterly regretted it! Guy doing the cooking was doing it one handed and was more interested in his mobile phone. Girl was sweeping stairs with a dustpan and brush one minute and serving food next with long blonde hair flowing freely next, would like to hope hands were washed in between but by the other standard of hygiene demonstrated I'm not hopeful. Old chips were left squashed in the kitchen area floor
When food did eventually get served my miss long blonde locks she put other customers orders with my order so boxes had to be opened to remove this. Finally chips were given in a bag that they had tried to keep warm- this action did not work!
When I complained I was given a disdainful look and asked did I want them reheated. When I said I wanted fresh they told me there were no more left . When I then said I waned my money back I was given a look that could have killed- that's if the food does not do it first!
Management of this restaurant need to do a mass clean up of all areas of this business, either that or Food hygiene officer will be next visitor

2 Thank Bitface

London, United Kingdom
“Best chips and fish cakes”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

So often you get soggy chips but not here. Fish cakes were delicious and scampi fine. Great for a takeaway.

Visited September 2013
Carshalton, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I ate here twice over a 3 day period. The meals were quick, easy and cheap.
Yes, the drinks are from cans, yes the stairs are slippery (they are warning marked as such). Service was polite and with a smile, portions were large enough to keep me filled :)

Sandown, United Kingdom
“Seaside Fish & Chips”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was a return visit after an excellent experience a year ago. Service was good once again, considering how busy they were, the choice was excellent and the meal was substantial and very hot. Will be back again next Folk Festival!!

Visited September 2013
Colchester
“Don't let bad reviews put u off!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

We visited Swanage this weekend (13-16th September) and fancied fish & chips, as it was raining we decided to eat in the restaurant. We ate upstairs, 2 of our party had cod & chips, 1 had place & chips and 1 just had chips (being a Veggie). Service was quick, the waitress was polite and attended to our every need.
The batter was the lightest batter I've tasted for a long time, it had the perfect crispness, not too thick not too thin. The fish-both-was lovely and white and tasted fresh like fish should. (Fish and chips is my all time favourite dish, I eat it even in the most swankiest of restaurants believe me, this will take some beating!)
Whilst eating our dinner I decided to check out the reviews on here, I was really shocked that such a lovely place could receive such harsh reviews, yes the decor is a bit dated and the carpet wasn't spotlessly clean but what do u expect in a seaside town that has god knows what walked into it hundreds times a day at peak season? The only thing I can fault it on is the warm beer, which was a real shame, particularly as it was not busy so there was no need for it to be warm!
Me personally thought overall The Parade was to a very good standard and the quality of food far outweighs its minor flaws! We would definitely go back!!