“Unusual Choices”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Salads are an option instead of chips to go with your fish, and on the night we ate here, squid was one of the specials. It’s good to have such choices. Both soft and alcoholic drinks are reasonably priced.

Ordering was a bit hit-and-miss. My plaice turned up as cod, but it was so delicious and fresh that I enjoyed it anyway and didn’t complain. Main meals come with the promise of ‘everlasting chips’ (but mind the small print – no sharing, now!).

Couples or singles can enjoy a great view of Swanage from table 10 upstairs, looking along the seafront from the turret. The seagulls will entertain you. Also, you can open the windows to let out some of the frying smells.

It’s not the Ritz, but for a seaside chippy with attached restaurant, we thought this place was fine.

1  Thank bwanaalan
ParadeFishandChips, Manager at Harlees' The Parade Fish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2015

Thank you for your honest and kind review, particularly given the mistake with your order. I am happy to hear you enjoyed it nonetheless. We hope to see you again for a much improved experience.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband an I had a delicious Fish and Chips here whilst on holiday, friendly staff, good value for money and nice view from seating area upstairs looking over the bay.

1  Thank Lynette N

Thank you for your kind review and glad you enjoyed your experience with us.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Had some chips from here, they were greasy, no flavour, some chips had skins on them and black eyes. Some chips were grey and chewy. If you want good chips don't buy them here.

1  Thank Sally H
ParadeFishandChips, Manager at Harlees' The Parade Fish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2015

Our apologies for your underwhelming experience.
The restaurant is now under new management and we consistently strive toward providing the best experience to our customers. We hope you will return for another try...

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was advised by my partner the last time he came to swanage that this place was the best for fish and chips, oh was I disappointed. The batter so overcooked I could barely taste the fish so avoided all of the batter and just ate the fish which wasn't great anyway I have never used so much salt to make the whole meal taste of anything. I have also never tasted curry sauce or mushy peas like it and definitely not in a good way. The toilet was awful and the light when it was turned on then flickered on and off not ideal.

Our apologies for your underwhelming experience.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The fish and chips were excellent and the service prompt and friendly. It was a Monday night and not a lot else was open but apart from a few drinks not being available it was a really good experience