“Fantastic location and perfect for my family!”

Sandhaven Guest House
Sandhaven Guest House
Ranked #16 of 49 Swanage B&B and Inns
“Fantastic location and perfect for my family!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed here for one night, booked last minute. The family room with bunks was very spacious unlike the previous review stated? It was clean, neutrally decorated and had a flatscreen tv so my two kids could watch CITV in the morning. There was a good size en suite with a bath with plenty of clean fresh white towels with toiletries. The owners were really friendly and relaxed about my 6 and 8 yr. old being about the place and made me feel very welcome being as I was travelling alone with the kids. The breakfast which they served early for us as we were up was exceptional with a selection of cereals, blueberries, melon and strawberries (which my two tucked straight into)! The full English was generous with two sausages, bacon etc and a perfect yolky egg. Also supplied with plenty of tea and toast so we were well fed! Would highly recommend for the quality, price and location being only a minute from the beach. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip to Swanage! :-)

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed here at the weekend for one night. I made the booking on the phone and specifically asked if there would be enough room for us to put up a travel cot. I was assured that there was and we bought a standard size pop up travel cot with us. On arrival I was surprised to find a very small room with just enough room to walk around the double bed and bunk beds. Definitely nowhere to put the travel cot! And although the owner was very helpful finding a bit to go on the bottom bunk to make it safe we felt we had been conned. As my toddler wasn't used to the freedom being in a bed allowed she took 3 hours to get to sleep and then woke up and climbed out of bed at 4 in the morning (the curtains did nothing at all to block out the early morning light). Breakfast was very average and as I knew we were paying £11 for my toddler I was expecting a bit more than the one skinny sausage and a measly piece of bacon for her cooked breakfast that they served her. All in all not the nice evening away we had hoped to experience for our £105!

Room Tip: Don't boook room 6 as a "family room"
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chillitupa
Reviewed 19 May 2013

An excellent and welcoming B&B, our room was clean and bright, small but well laid out. The owner was very friendly and extremely helpful catering for my son's special diet including heating his evening snack. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Sandhurst for a long weekend break and hit sunny weather,we pulled into Swanage ( where I've always wanted to stay ) to find early season bad just started. We were given a very warm welcome from Janet ,and shown a choice of 2 rooms, one of which suited my Disability to the ground with a great view.we were pointed to a local pub for dinner at 6pm on opening ( the Crows Nest) by Janet. We were surprised it had a chief ! : for just a PUB ?. It was great and the food 1st class too. The breakfast was superberb, has was the cleanser of the whole guest house.We had a truly unforgetiful weekend and tried to book longer there !, but alas the following weeks were duly booked :(. And we could see why. So thanks Janet and Dave x Roy and Jane

• Stayed March 2013
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2013

A well situated Guest House close to the beach at Swanage. There is a limited amount of parking in front of the B&B. A short walk across the sea frontage to the town centre taking approx 5 minutes. There was a warm welcome from Janet the owner who brought us a cup of tea in the lounge on arrival. The room was fine but a little chilly, mind you it has to be said the weather was arctic outside with sub zero freezing winds. Breakfast was very tasty, with a good selection to suit all. Enjoyed watching the telly in the lounge in the evening after returning to the B&B.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Porthcawl
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Stayed at this B&B for 2 nights in August and booked in directly with the owner after a conversation as to the area and distance to the beach etc. We arrived much later than expected due to work commitments, but on our arrival was given a very warm welcome and immediately shown to our room at the back of the house overlooking the garden, which was small but very light and well decorated with lovely shower room. The whole house was decorated to a very high standard and extremely clean. The breakfast room was lovely and the breakfast served was fab. All the staff were friendly and chatty. I would like to say that there were a number of people staying at the B&B who were taking part in a triathlon which started very early on Sunday morning and not only was breakfast provided for them but also the offer of a shower after the event! I would like to say a very big thank you to Jan for a lovely weekend and superb hospitality.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple