“No food”

Price range: US$12 - US$22
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a local pub that welcomes visitors. Chef Ash rents the kitchen from us and prepares and sources all his meals. He uses mainly local ingredients. We are quite small and so do not have a separate dining room although we do have an area set aside for meals. There is a large sunny garden and a car park to the rear of the pub. Dogs are welcome. Children should be off the premises by 9 pm to comply with our licencing restrictions but can stay a bit later if they are still finishing a meal. We are a pub that serves good food and not a restaurant.
Solihull England
“No food”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We walked out from the centre of Swanage, a fair distance, to find a notice outside saying no food until further notice.

• Visited February 2014
anne r, Owner at The Globe Inn, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
I'm sorry you had a walk out of Swanage. Ash, the chef who rents out our kitchen and does the food, was on a winter break. He starts back this weekend with a Valentine menu. His usual days are thurs fri sat pm and lunch time on Sundays. I urge anyone who is planning a visit to ring and check the times and availabilities first. Otherwise its first come first serve.
PLEASE note that this is not a restaurant but a busy local pub that does food. We don't run a separate dining area with waitress service.

England
“Great food and a friendly pub”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We are Swanage locals so if you want to know where to get great pub food or a good place to have a drink then trust this review. The food is excellent, it is beautifully prepared and full of flavour. We have eaten in all of the food places in Swanage and this is most definitely the best for good food at reasonable prices. If you want a full blown restaurant experience then go into town and pay the price, but if you just want good ole pub grub at affordable prices, then this place is definitely worth a visit.
The decor of the pub needs some attention but don't let this put you off, the owners, Steve and Annie are extremely friendly which probably explains why it is one of the busiest pubs in Swanage especially during the slower winter months.
The pub has a good sized pub garden with a decent shelter for the smokers, if that's your thing, although some heat in the leper shelter would be appreciated.
I enjoy my food and I am careful about where we go when we eat out. I need good quality food, reasonable price with care and attention with presentation. This pub delivers. I am impressed with the place and even took my very critical family there to eat and they loved it. That speaks for itself!
I'm not sure if the pub has a website, I googled it and couldn't find it.... Shame as it's always good to have a look at a place before visiting, especially if on holiday.
The pub has plenty of things going on throughout the year.
Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Wolf211
anne r, Owner at The Globe Inn, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for your review. Its very cheering that you think this a friendly pub.
We will be attacking the decor in the spring but are keen to retain the old fashioned charm of the Globe. I'm afraid we have had to concentrate spending on big items for the cellar, structure and kitchen in our first year.
We havn't got a web site at present but news of the Globe is on our facebook page as The Globe Inn Swanage.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Wish we had a pub like this at home!!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We enjoyed a lovely meal as a family in this proper pub. Pool, darts, open fire and lovely evening meal made our holiday. Fantastic service from the small team and truly great pub food and excellent beer. This isn't the biggest pub so don't all head there at once!! We'll be back next time we holiday in Swanage.

1 Thank PompeyRory
anne r, Owner at The Globe Inn, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Really glad you had a good time at The Globe. It is a small local that we hope also welcomes visitors. We aim to be a pub that serves good food rather than a restaurant that serves beer. There is a bit more room in better weather as we have a large enclosed beer garden!
Swanage, United Kingdom
“Great food and Great beer!!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We had visited the Globe a couple of times over the years but not being a fan of Ringwood Best (the only beer they sold) it kept me away, particularly when other establishments in town had a better selection. Also the pub seemed a little run down with hardly anyone in there, so all in all not very inviting.
I’m not quite sure why but with friends in town we decided to give it a go last night and found the pub has recently changed hands and what a change for the better.

The menu was sufficiently extensive (with more choices on the specials board) to satisfy 4 meat eaters 2 vegetarians and my 92 year old mother in law – we all had a splendid meals – good portions – well presented and even a custard option on my home made apple and blackberry crumble. My main off the specials board was the belly pork – fantastic!!

If you are looking for a good meal out in Swanage then give the Globe a try.

The pub experience has changed out of all recognition – it was really quite busy for a Thursday evening with a number of tables eating – a good jolly atmosphere with Steve the landlord visible both sides of the bar chatting with customers.

However, the clincher for me was the beer – Timmy Taylor Landlord and Hobgoblin resident in addition to the Ringwood will see me not pass so frequently without calling in.

swanage
“Saturday night”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Best meal to be had in swanage . Top rated meal cooked to perfection and great service. In a restaurant price would be double the price.