“Easy walk”
Review of Old Harry Rocks

Old Harry Rocks
Ranked #2 of 37 things to do in Swanage
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Enjoyable walk with fabulous views. Bankes Arms a must on return for lunch. Beware of the thieving seagulls!!!!!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Now, let me start by saying that I am NOT a walker, in fact, if I can go by car then I probably will but this is something everyone should do at least once! We parked the car by Studland post office and took the path up towards Ballard Down. This is quite a steep climb but the views are just breath-taking and I just stopped every few yards and admired the views and got my breath back before continuing. The path takes you past some beautiful houses tucked away with enviable views from their front windows and once through the gate you are on open countryside. When you get to the top the 360degree view across Poole Harbour, Bournemouth and Poole beaches and Swanage and the Purbecks are well worth the cardio-vascular workout you have just had!

Once at the top turn left and follow the costal path down towards Old Harry Rocks. I have lived here for over 40 years but never seen them from this perspective before and they are incredible close up. I never knew there was a little arch through one of them, I have only ever seen them in the distance or by sea.

We then continued round on the coastal path which eventually took us back to Studland, where I slipped on some rocks on the beach and broke a toe but that's another story!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

To get the best view of these outstanding formations best get the ferry from Swanage to Poole, goes right past them, you can get great pictures.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The walk from Swanage to Old Harry is well worth the effort. Old Harry looks absolutely spectacular on a sunny day with excellent views up Studland Bay to Poole Harbour. A very special place.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Old harrys rocks is beautiful at worst. I have grown up near Old Harrys Rocks and always thought it looked great.

1  Thank Joseph M