“Overall lovely experiance”

Price range: US$4 - US$20
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My partner and I booked a table here a few Saturday nights ago, whilst on holiday. We were greeted by what we believed was the manager (as she stated it enough times loudly during our time here, which was off putting, and made us feel unwelcome) then she passed us to a younger small blonde girl, who kindly took us to our table.
Food was great value for money I had the lamb, and my husband had the ribeye steak, and the dishes couldn't have been better. Amazing views, could have stayed all night.

I have to add, I felt sorry for the young blonde girl, she was attending to her tables, as well as taking 'demands' from the 'manager', serving drinks, running food and taking orders, whilst the 'manager' just stood and greeted people (not very friendly). The blonde girl was very polite and friendly and attended our every need despite running round like an idiot.
Perhaps the 'manager' could use some pointers from the blonde waitress.

Overall lovely experience just make sure you ask for the small blonde waitress!! (Didn't catch her name)

There are newer reviews for Quayside

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Great view, but a restaurant lacking in atmosphere. The menu is maybe trying to cater for too many different tastes so doesn't have a clear identity - mixing lamb koftas as a starter with cod and chips or burgers seems a bit strange. That said we had a reasonable meal. Service was ok but not the friendliest.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We eat here every time we come to swanage. The views are wonderful and the service good. This time whilst the views are still lovely the poor waitress was rushed of her feet and so came across a little less friendly than normal. The food was nice but not as nice as it has been in the past.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

An absolutely stunning location to sit and enjoy the wonderful views of Swanage Bay and surrounding area. In fact you could almost be on a cruise ship! We have eaten here several times and the food has always been very good. Their Sunday Carvery is excellent value for money and a choice of many vegetables, not just two. The owners and staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We have entertained friends at Quayside and they have all enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was our second visit to this restaurant but the first one was about 5 years ago which was why we booked again. The food was very average, I chose the rack of lamb which had a sauce with it that I had not heard of, the very obliging waitress went to find out for me. When the meal arrived it did not have the sauce and I had to ask for it, the plates were stone cold, gravy was lumpy and we were one of the first in the restaurant to order so the food should have been piping hot. My husband chose steak medium rare and it was tough as old boots and again a cold plate.
We were really disappointed that such a stunning location for a restaurant in Swanage let itself down by the food quality, it could just have been food from one of the chains which are prevalent on every high street. The staff were very welcoming and friendly but the food definitely let you down.