Dianne & Alan are consummate hosts who can't do enough for you. The house itself is lovely with quirky rooms on the 2nd & 3rd floor. I stayed in room 6 and it was spotlessly clean and my bathroom was fabulous, although there was no soap, only liquid handwash. Room had a silent fridge, which was a nice touch. There was a flatscreen tv, although couldn't get many Freeview channels, including BBC 1 or 2. Breakfast was lovely. Cars and people passing outside makes the room noisy when windows are open - bring earplugs! Just two (minor) suggestions; don't re-set the breakfast tables while there are still guests in the breakfast room - it is noisy and distracting, as is turning on the vacuum cleaner just outside the breakfast room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A home for you while you are away from home in a 5 Star Gold Award Guest House that also boasts a coveted VisitBritain Breakfast Award 3 years in a row. At Clare House we aim to provide you a home from home at the beautiful seaside resort of Swanage on the World Heritage Jurassic Coast. We are less than 200 metres from the award winning beach and the 2012 pier of the year, with town centre restaurants and bars only a few minutes walk. We are also only a few minutes from newly refurbished Durlston Country Park and the stunning clifftop walks. For breakfast we prefer to use Homemade, locally-sourced or Fairtrade produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Book Direct Rooms, LateRooms, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clare House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clare House Hotel Swanage
- Clare House Swanage, Isle Of Purbeck