We chose to stay at Clare House for our wedding anniversary. The first impressions of Clare House were promising, it's a beautiful house. Then we were shown to room 3 and we were sadly disappointed. It is not what I would consider a 'superior room'. It needs decorating in my opinion and looks dated. Although the shower cubicle is a good size the bracket holding the shower was broken so the shower head wouldn't stay upright. The breakfast however,was lovely and the lady who served us was pleasant and friendly. Luckily Swanage and the surrounding area is wonderful and the weather was good so the weekend wasn't a complete let down!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A home for you while you are away from home in a 5 Star Gold Award Guest House that also boasts a coveted VisitBritain Breakfast Award 3 years in a row. At Clare House we aim to provide you a home from home at the beautiful seaside resort of Swanage on the World Heritage Jurassic Coast. We are less than 200 metres from the award winning beach and the 2012 pier of the year, with town centre restaurants and bars only a few minutes walk. We are also only a few minutes from newly refurbished Durlston Country Park and the stunning clifftop walks. For breakfast we prefer to use Homemade, locally-sourced or Fairtrade produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Clare House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clare House Hotel Swanage
- Clare House Swanage, Isle Of Purbeck