We were in Swanage for a Friday night so Sunday morning stay. As a couple and also doing some diving together.
We found Clare House to be welcoming and very efficiently run. It's clean, first come first served on street parking though. So be warned.
The room was on the top floor and has a 'Sea Glimpse'. But tastefully decorated, very comfortable bedding and a safe, TV, kettle, fridge, hair drier all there.
Shower and toilet were modern and functioned impeccably during our stay.
The breakfast is just great. I had the full English and my wife had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. It's served between 0815 and 0915 every morning. It's really good, so don't oversleep and miss it. Check out is at 10am.
TOP TIP: If you want a lie in, don't leave your windows open as seagulls are not great neighbours. They will wake you without fail!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A home for you while you are away from home in a 5 Star Gold Award Guest House that also boasts a coveted VisitBritain Breakfast Award 3 years in a row. At Clare House we aim to provide you a home from home at the beautiful seaside resort of Swanage on the World Heritage Jurassic Coast. We are less than 200 metres from the award winning beach and the 2012 pier of the year, with town centre restaurants and bars only a few minutes walk. We are also only a few minutes from newly refurbished Durlston Country Park and the stunning clifftop walks. For breakfast we prefer to use Homemade, locally-sourced or Fairtrade produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your Clare House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clare House Hotel Swanage
- Clare House Swanage, Isle Of Purbeck