“Another great stay”

Rivendell Guest House
Ranked #9 of 51 Swanage B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here for the Jazz Festival (3rd time). Warm welcome, great location and wonderful breakfast, as usual. We've already pencilled our names in for next year, as many seem to do. Recommended (if you can get in!).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Rivendell is a great place to stay. Its easy walking from the sea front and features nice, bright, recently modernized rooms. Kevin was a great host and saw to our needs. Breakfast was excellent - including many home made breads and jams. Rooms very nice with bright, simple decor and modern art. Parking is a little tricky, but we always found a spot on the street no more than 100 yds away. Would definitely recommend Rivendell!

If you are a runner, Kevin can recommend some great routes over the local countryside.

Room Tip: Room 4 has a double bunk (As well as a double bed) if you want to bring the kids. I did not see this...
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights with my husband and 13 yr old daughter on a diving weekend in Swanage. Had a great friendly welcome. Very accommodating with regards to adapting room to cater to three of us. Room was comfortable, clean and lovely decorated. We have stayed at a lot of hotels that charge a lot more and are no where as good. Loved little attention to detail like having 3 cups in room for tea.

Breakfast was scrummy! A lot of choice. Lovely gesture making pack up for us when we went diving and were away to early for breakfast .

Would highly recommend and will stay here again on next visit to area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Once again a very short but perfect visit. Greeted like a good friend and genuinly seemed pleased to see me again. I cannot fault it in any way and look forward to more visits this summer - weather permitting.

Room Tip: Breakfast superb. Probably the best I have ever had.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at Rivendell Guest House on 20th-22nd June 2014 and it will always be top of the list when considering our next trip to Swanage. Location wise it was perfect as me and my partner were attending a wedding at the town hall which is about a five minute stroll away (if you walk at a slow leisurely pace!)
It's also ridiculously close to the beach and local shops and restaurants.
The stay here was ideal not only for those reasons but also the superb level of customer service from when the booking was made until we left- usually there would be SOMETHING negative to say but I really struggle to find even the tiniest of faults. Kevin and all the staff were incredibly friendly, accomodating and warm and nothing was ever a hassle for them to provide for their guests.
The room (Rm1) was spotless, the bathroom had a light up vanity mirror which was great in preparing to attend a big event, the shower was instantly a nice temperature and there were good quality toiletries and comfy bathrobes which added a touch of luxury. The bed was so comfortable and spacious and if it weren't for seeing other guests at breakfast I wouldn't have known they were there as it was a really peaceful room. The breakfasts on offer really set you up for the day with a selection of fresh fruit, jams, museli and granola, freshly baked bread and homemade (delicious- you have to try some when you stay) blueberry muffins as well as tea, coffee and juices. All this is just the beginning as there is also a range of cooked breakfasts available in addition to this AND it was inclusive of the price. We only made brief use of the lounge but this offers Sky TV (the rooms have freeview) and little extras if you're with the family such as high chairs and plenty of books.
There were many other places I looked into before booking with Rivendell and they were charging considerably more for a lot less and looked nowhere near as nice as this.
The attention to detail, cleanliness, tasty breakfasts, and warm welcome make this the perfect place to stay and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Swanage. A lot of hard work has gone into maintaining this high standard of service and other guests who stayed at the same time were in agreement. To all at Rivendell; great job, I'll definitely be returning here.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Rivendell Guest House for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Everything scored top marks as our room was excellent, the breakfast as good as you could wish for and our hosts were very friendly and hospitable.

In conclusion we are both looking forward to visiting Rivendell Guest House again in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here for a long weekend with my wife and young daughters as well as being in a larger group of 12 family friends for a break. (60th birthday) We had a great welcome and my daughters had a great time.
As a foodie the breakfast was fantastic, the homemade Granola and muffins and scones were a real treat. The cooked breakfast was also great and if anything too big and too tasty.
I'd stay here anytime I was in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swanage
Purbeck House Hotel & Louisa Lodge
0 mi away
Millbrook Guest House
Millbrook Guest House
#4 of 51 in Swanage

Been to Rivendell Guest House? Share your experiences!