“Gem of a place.”

La Trattoria
Ranked #11 of 88 Restaurants in Swanage
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: La Trattoria is open evenings for atmospheric dining a la carte or fixed price menu. Pizzas and pastas are always available. Fresh fish, shellfish and lobsters which are caught locally, all are available according to season. We also have local meat dishes sourced from Dorset farms wherever possible.
Reviewed 16 March 2013

This restaurant is a real gem. We have visited La Trattoria on and off over the past 10 years and it has always been first class. Every visit has been a delight with friendly staff, great food, great service, nice atmosphere, just all round really nice. There really is not much more to say, it does everything you want, how you want, when you want and all at a great price.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

This was not the first time I have visited La Trattoria but it is always worth another visit.

On this occasion we took my elderly mother for lunch on Mother's Day and despite the fact that the restaurant was full the food was superb and the service was as good as always.

The food is consistently excellent here and the staff couldn't be more welcoming or attentive. I neither feel rushed nor ignored. Make a point of visiting La Trattoria if you are anywhere near Swanage - you won't regret it.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Staying in Swanage for the Blues Weekend we decided to try the Trattoria as it looked so buzzy and lively. Just had a simple pasta and salad, washed down with some good red wine and followed by an espresso. It was delicious! Freshly cooked and 'proper' Italian! The staff were welcoming and friendly and the service was good. I would not hesitate to recommend La Trattoria and will return as soon as I can.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stumbled upon La Trattoria after arriving in Swanage hungry after a long walk along the coast. The seafood we ate (Sea Bass and Salmon) was very tasty and perfectly cooked. The accompanying vegetables were cooked exactly how I strive to cook veg myself. I do have a big appetite and had been on a long walk, so perhaps my wish for slightly bigger portions (at least potatoes) isn't fair.

The service was welcoming, relaxed, natural and attentive as was the atmosphere.

I would certainly return.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Dropped in for a quick meal early on Saturday evening.

Service was good. Food was exactly as you would expect from an Italian restaurant.

My wife had lasagne which contained spinach as well as ragu which was a nice touch. I had a pizza whis was delightfully thin base an perfect amount of topping.

All washed down with a couple of glasses of Peroni.

Total bill was £30.