“Thetford Forest MTB trails”

Thetford Forest Park
Ranked #296 of 852 things to do in East Anglia
More attraction details
Owner description: Planted in the 1920s, this forest is home to a great variety of plants and animals.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Thetford Forest MTB trails”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Travelled here a few times now with friends for the trails. A good place to visit but trails do not offer much in the way of technical areas apart from the Beast. The cafe is rather limited for variety of food and vastly overpriced. Would definitely take your own food if possible. The car parking fee is very overpriced for the amount of stay as most other car parks only cost about £3 for trails whereas Thetford cost us nearly £20 for the group of us as we travelled in two cars. We have not back since because of this!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice for a wander, but awful cafe”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I went to Thetford forest for a Sunday afternoon. The trails are nice and it was good to get outside, just make sure you bring a picnic.

The cafe was ridiculously expensive and felt like a bad school canteen. I bought a cheese sandwich which was inedible. I am unsure how you can make something so simple so horrible!

2 Thank Madlivi
Spalding, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Outside attraction for Wheelchair Users”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Lynford Arboretum at Mundford is a really superb place to spend a few hours enjoying trees and wildlife especially song birds. We visited on Easter Sunday and enjoyed the peace and quiet of this lovely place and loved the carpet of bluebells under the trees.
There are some hard pathways, some gravel and some slightly grassy but all were passable with the use of my FreeWheel Attachment and with a bit of a shove on the steeper stuff. this pathways would be very easy for someone in on a scooter or electric chair, of for helper assisted chairs with bigger wheels than my 4" front casters.
The main arboretum was part of the park of Lynford Hall, which is now a country house hotel and restaurant. Most of the pine and fur trees were planted in the 1950s when the house was the Forestry Commission's training school. Most of the trees have name plates so you can see what they are called and where they come from. The whole area is very interesting. Take a trip down to the lake and open heathland for the full tour. It is dog friendly, also good for bikes and I think there were signs for horse tracks as well.

NB: There are lots of signs up about not leaving stuff in your car and whilst we were there the police did a tour around the carpark. there was also evidence of fly-tipping, which was a real shame.

1 Thank FionacShaw
Cambridge, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great day for all”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I hadn't ridden a mountain for a long time. So I took my unused Xmas present to Thetford Forrest wondering how I'd last. I had a great day and will be going back again. Car free areas over laid out tracks which you can use depending on how brave you are. The bikes to rent looked good as well if you didn't want to spend a lot on outlaying for all the kit. Took my own lunch so can't comment on the refreshments there.
I went in the spring and it was dry. If it's raining or worse dress for it. If you like the outdoors you will enjoy yourself. If you want flashing lights and lazy rides go to Disney Land.
Hope to go back for the concerts in the summer.

Newmarket, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Good day out”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Good for families with kids, lots playgrounds for kids, good place to chill out bit crowded on a sunny days.. over prised parking!!

Visited March 2014