“Garden centre restaurant”

Reeve’s Parlour Restaurant
Ranked #1,152 of 2,733 Restaurants in Norfolk
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A large restaurant which is past of a garden centre which seems to be expanding to sell just about everything. There are several separate areas to sit, both inside and outside and a good range of food. We were there on a hot day and pick an area which was rather warm, so think before you sit. You need to find a seat and table number before ordering. The food when it arrived was pretty good but it took quite a while. Service was pleasant, prices reasonable and there was a lot of stuff to browse after eating, including the local art club exhibition.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We picked up two plates of ready-prepared sandwiches for a late lunch. Not a happy experience.

The cheese and onion filling was dry, placed next to small limp bit of salad. The egg and cress filling was much too thinly spread.

The coffee could gave been served hotter, too.

It all reminded me of the stuff you used to get served on British Railways in the 1970s. Come on Bawdeswell Garden Centre - you can do better than this.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Visited on 1st May.Lovely sunny day so sat outside amongst the quiet of the plants.Quick service in the cafe scones soft fruity and excellent as was coffee.Well used as it deserves and would recommend.Garden centre well stocked and prices reasonable.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 1.30pm and after a long and confusing trek, my friend and I finally found the “restaurant”,
I would certainly say that this is a cafe and not a restaurant: After taking a tray, sliding it round the counter, we ordered paid and helped ourselves to cutlery.
I have to say that the cakes looked very good, however we were very disappointed with our meal.
The asparagus risotto had CREAM in it making it very claggy, it also was swimming in butter.
My friend ordered the vegetable lasagne and found the pasta rubbery. The sweet potato chips were cold..
The meals we’re inedible, apart from the small portion of salad that were served with it.
I complained and got a refund.
My friend didn’t and didn’t.
The portions were very small for a main meal and neither was worth the five pence short of ten pounds that was being charged.
In my opinion....Stick to the cake.

1  Thank julal2016
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Went to this restaurant with my family for lunch as were looking around the garden centre .
I was very disappointed with the whole experience. The food was very over priced, the staff basically patronising and the food terrible. We had to wait over 35 minutes for a cheese ploughman’s which was basically a salad with a bit of microwaved bead and one pickled onion and a slab of cheese all plonked on a plate with no thought at all.

I think it is sad when businesses forget who the customer is

3  Thank alisongeers