Slightly tatty on the outside (Just needs a lick of paint) but has had considered interior design.
Went for lunch.We had drinks whilst we perused the menus in a lounge prior to going through to the dining area.The place is tastefully done out throughout and is lovely and comfortable and relaxing.
The staff were all very professional.We were all very pleased with our food.This is a very good dining experience.Followed by a walk around Alfriston.This all contibutes to a lovely day out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wingrove House. Originally built as a family home in the mid 19th century, this recently refurbished colonial-style house offers restaurant and rooms within a relaxed and stylish destination in the beautiful and historic village of Alfriston, East Sussex. Run by a small team, offering a personal and friendly service, with airy verandas, candlelit bar and brasserie and pretty rooms, it's a real antidote to the rush and bustle, yet just over an hour from London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Wingrove House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingrove House Hotel Alfriston
- Wingrove Hotel East Sussex
- Wingrove House Alfriston, East Sussex