This is the second time we have eaten at Wingrove House. The reason we went back this time was because we had such a great meal last time we ate here. I agree that it would have been nicer to order our food in the lounge and go through to the dinning room when the starters were ready to be served. Another very small point for us was that we ordered a very expensive bottle of wine, but there was no decanter to let it breath before serving. It mean that the first glasses were not as good as the rest of the of the bottle, as was commented on by the waiter.
That said, another fantastic meal. No doubt we will be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wingrove House. Originally built as a family home in the mid 19th century, this recently refurbished colonial-style house offers restaurant and rooms within a relaxed and stylish destination in the beautiful and historic village of Alfriston, East Sussex. Run by a small team, offering a personal and friendly service, with airy verandas, candlelit bar and brasserie and pretty rooms, it's a real antidote to the rush and bustle, yet just over an hour from London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Wingrove House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingrove House Hotel Alfriston
- Wingrove Hotel East Sussex
- Wingrove House Alfriston, East Sussex