“Poor service and awful coffee”
Review of The Tudor House Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Tudor House Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The waitress was very unfriendly and the late coffee - was it the instant variety that you pour boiling water on? It tasted awful.

Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Tudor House restaurant one morning in April for breakfast. My husband ordered the full English breakfast and I ordered scrambled egg and bacon on toast. The breakfast included tea or coffee. Not only was it very good value for money but an excellent breakfast. The service was second to none and we would certainly go back but next time for dinner.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

We only had lunch there because the pub next door was closed for the day but we discovered a little gem. Several nice ladies cooking and serving, excellent food, cheerful atmosphere, pleasant garden (although we stayed inside). It looked a bit dodgy when shortly after my wife ordered the chicken, parma ham and brie off the specials board the chef came out of the kitchen and clearly checked just what the specials were ! Yet it was very acceptable when it soon arrived - even for my wife who is quite a fussy eater. Being a Saturday lunchtime I had good old ham, egg and chips. A bit disappointed to get just the one egg and not that many chips but it was all freshly prepared.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

We visited this restaurant after coming to this quaint village. The Sunday roasts are really good with an ample amount of fresh vegetables however, the beef was rather tough and a bit of a struggle to cut but tasted good. Don`t let this put you off, its definitely worth a visit. The sweets are to die for. I would certainly be going back. The staff are very friendly and attentive.

2  Thank Ann J
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We were introduced to this restaurant by a family friend whilst travelling through the area. The restaurant is located in a picturesque little village and has outdoor and indoor seating available. On a sunny day, the outdoor seating is wonderful.

We chose the dish of the day; cod with garlic & mustard mash and chorizo. The combination was sublime!

The staff were helpful and friendly, which just adds to the charm of the place. Thoroughly recommended!

1  Thank MikeFz