“Bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Tudor House Restaurant - CLOSED

The Tudor House Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Alice Springs, Australia
“Bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Just called in for a cup of tea and a scone. It was early at 10.30 right on opening but felt like I was a bother to the lady there. Great little restaurant and it could have been much better experience for me.

• Visited May 2013
tudorhouserestaurant, Owner at The Tudor House Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on trip advisor. I am very sorry you had a bad experience and thank you for bringing it to my attention. It seems very much out of character for the lady who served you to act like this, she has been working for us for over four years and is normally very hospititable and customer orientated. I hope this will not deter you from visiting our restaurant again, because you are right, it is a great restaurant.

“First class dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Loved the personal service and quality food. The food tasted like it was made just for you, rather than for hundreds of patrons eating at a pub.

Visited May 2013
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“basic quality food served here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

I've just had a very poor lunch at this restaurant. Cheap plastic ham and a dull basic salad of leaves, cucumber and tomato! It is a pity because it was lovely sitting in the garden enjoying the sun until the food arrived. It cost £8.95.

• Visited May 2013
tudorhouserestaurant, Owner at The Tudor House Restaurant, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to the Tudor House Restaurant. Although we welcome all responses, good and some bad I feel it necessary to respond to such a negative comment. I remember your visit well as not only am I the owner of the restaurant I am also the head chef and produced your meal. You asked the waitress for a ham salad, which is not on our menu, and she had no hesitation in saying yes. Your salad was made from leaves picked by our local veg supplier, served with de-seeded cucumber, tomatoes and yellow peppers dressed with a homemade balsamic dressing with "cured ham" (as stated on our menu) and it is by no means "cheap" or "plastic" and is supplied by our local meat supplier. This ham works well with the ham, egg and chips dish (which is on our menu). That said, if you had a problem with the meal, all you had to do was say. It seems that some people find it more convenient to hide behind the computer than facing the problem at the time. If your meal was that awful why not say so and allow us the opportunity to rectify the problem and offer you an alternative. I pride myself on having very approachable staff, and know for a fact, if you had mentioned the problem, we could of found a solution and hopefully given you a more joyful experience.
What I do find hard to understand, and what prospective customer reading this might want to take into account, is that for such an awful meal you managed to eat everything. When clearing your plates I expected to find most of it left after what you had said to the waitress, but nothing, all gone! If I was out and eating a meal I felt was awful I would personally STOP eating it and tell a member of staff. When given the opportunity to talk with me at the time, you declined finding easier to be detrimental to my business online. Well I have had our restaurant for 12 years and despite the economic climate we are still surviving today by offering our customers wonderful service coupled with excellent food from local suppliers. I understand we cannot please everyone but I wish customers would talk about any problems with us rather than jumping on the nearest website.
“Awful lunch, avoid!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

No tabasco for tomato juice. At lunchtime, ordered a ham and cheese pannini, the bread was lowest common denominator industrial pap, despite a thriving bakery in nearby village, which the excellent Alfriston shop stocks, the ham was also lowest possible quality, wringing wet and tasteless. Cannot imagine what more expensive things on menu were like but will not be returning to find out!

Visited May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment with regards to your visit to our restaurant. From what I remember you also came into the restaurant and sat at the same table with the previous person who wrote a comment. Once again, I remember your visit well and not wishing to repeat myself too much and bore the readers, I will respond in fairly the same way. Your tomato juice beverage is well remembered as you were very particular, even down to the glass (which I certainly do not have a problem with) your waitress even checked that it was ok for you to which you replied "fine thank you". I find your use of language towards our panini's quite offensive and completely inaccurate. We use, and have been using, Italian flat bread (as described on the menu) for our panini's for the last 9 years and it would make no sense in doing that if customers were not enjoying them or ordering them. As for the idea of serving "wringing wet ham", I refer back to my previous response that our ham is supplied by a local supplier and if you didn't enjoy it why not say so at the time so we can rectify the problem, and offer an alternative.
Again, what I find hard to understand, and what prospective customer reading this might want to take into account, is that for such an awful meal you managed to eat everything. When clearing your plates I expected to find most of it left after what you had said to the waitress, but nothing, all gone! If I was served what you described in your comment I would personally STOP eating and tell a member of staff, I certainly would not go on to clear the plate. When given the opportunity to talk with me at the time, you declined finding it easier to be detrimental to my business online. Well I have had our restaurant for 12 years and despite the economic climate we are still surviving today by offering our customers wonderful service coupled with excellent food from local suppliers. I understand we cannot please everyone but I wish customers would talk about any problems with us rather than jumping on the nearest website.
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Recommended Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

Been visiting this restaurant / cafe for many years mainly because its in my favourite walking location! 95 % of the time it's great food and decent service in a pleasant welcoming environment. 100 % of the time, it's a lovely place to stop. Food is good quality, and the chef / proprietor is always concerned that you walk away satisfied. For nearly all visits we have enjoyed the food but there have been odd exceptions. This is usually when someone else has been in the kitchen, but I too have had mediocre sunday experiences. I really want this restaurant to improve consistency to 100%.

• Visited February 2013