“Great location, lovely modern hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
“Great location, lovely modern hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Myhotel in Brighton is RIGHT in the heart of the north lanes, which is full of gorgeous bars, pubs, restaurants and shops. It is the most well located hotel I have ever stayed in. That said, you are opposite an office block so we kept our blinds drawn the whole time we were in the room, which we didn't mind. Rooms are funky, modern, spotlessly clean with a very comfy bed.
Only small downside, bathroom has no door, clear screen into shower and just a frosted toilet door, so not much privacy even for a married couple!
And there was no desk mirror, so I had to do my makeup sat on the floor in front of a floor lenth mirror, which was a bit of a shame.
We stayed on valentines day and before dinner we had s lovely cocktail in the vert smart bar downstairs, but when we came back after dinner the bar was SO busy it took 15 mins to get served so we gave up and went two doors down.

All in all I would deffinately stay here again for the cool styling and truly brilliant location in the best part of the city.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Polish first
Berkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed here because I was in Brighton on business and the hotel was booked for me at the last minute.
So, would I stay here again? Big question. I really liked the room. I liked the bed because it was very comfortable and the pillows were soft and plump. But would I like the bed so much if I stayed here with my partner? Probably not. Simply because we have a HUGE bed at home and the double bed (in my room anyway) would have been very cosy. Maybe too cosy.
Pros:
Really friendly reception.
Practical additions in the room. Hairdryer etc. BUT I SOO wish that UK hotels would include face cloths.
Lovely lighting.
Even if I had stayed with my partner, I don't think I would have had a problem with the door to the loo. Actually like the separation between loo and shower stall.
Loved the toiletries.
Didn't like the sockets for lap top etc. They were for some strange reason located at an angle that meant that you couldn't plug them in and had to use the sockets next to the bed. But not a big deal.
Really quiet room.
No view as it looked out onto some sort on mini patio. No big deal for me as here on business.
I didn't have breakfast so can't comment.
Thought the girls on reception in the morning were just FANTASTIC.
They really took control of ordering a taxi for me because I had left it just a tad too late.
Thank you both.
But one real concern for me was the frame surrounding the bed. I think it's meant to act as a sort of bedside table. But because it runs the entire length of the bed you must remember that it's there if you wake up in the middle of the night and want to get out of bed. If you don't remember it's there, BEWARE! You may have a nasty fall.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed for one night as a surprise night away with my wife. We booked a superior double but when we got there they upgraded us to the 'Heaven' room and it was. The room was super chic and the bed very comfortable. We also got left a voucher for a free VIP cocktail and you can get another if you wear your slippers to the cocktail bar! The cocktail bar is very cool and trendy. Very nice toiletries and comfy robes in the room. The hotel location is fantastic and everything is within easy walking distance. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast has a good choice from the nice coffee shop on the ground floor.

We also ate at the Chilli Pickle having read the reviews and I must say we were not disspaointed. This food is excellent and different from your normal idian/asian cuisine. All in all great stay and would recommend the hotel and restuarant to anyone heading to Brighton.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This hotel is in my mind in one of the best areas in Brighton, slap bang in the lanes, the hotel is very quirky but is starting to get a bit dated, but the bar was very good at night, serving one of the best bloody marys my boyfriend has ever tasted. Car parking is a bit of a nightmare but all and all a lovely stay, breakfast was pretty good too with big chocolate cookies :)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed for two nights in one of the cheaper rooms so no view but still very funky and had everything you'd expect for the price. The bed was very comfortable. The Rituals toiletries were lovely. The location is great, we just love pottering round the North Laines area and mooching in all of the independent shops. Didn't take breakfast in the hotel as there are so many cafes to choose from in the very close vicinity for a good brunch. Did however try coffee in the cafe attached to the hotel, it smelt gorgeous and did not disappoint. Parking was not available on the first night so we parked a 20 min walk along the seafront for a much cheaper tariff and a lovely walk back to the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful and we would return and maybe stay in a swankier room!

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Excellent customer service ! The room was clean and very design, the location was perfect for a citytrip !

Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I booked this hotel as a b.day treat for my boyfriend, we stayed for 3 nights. Its U
ultra-modern; centrally located as well. The service was outstanding, staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel style is very futuristic and the bed sheets have a great quality. Its cool and superb bar had so many cocktails to choose from. P.S. You simply have to try the pina colada cocktail in the merkaba bar - it's to die for :)

Thank you! myHotel Brighton has made our stay just brilliant!

I am looking very forward to going back there sometime very soon.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple