“Funky and trendy!”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The hotel is in a fantastic location, only 10 minutes walk from the seafront and surrounded by bars,restaurants and strange little shops. We paid for parking in the hotel which was... Interesting! Very small so could be dodgy if you have a big car, luckily we went in a fiesta. The car park is underneath the hotel and is handy if you have driven to Brighton.

The look and style of the hotel is fantastic, so modern and cool! The cleaners that came into the rooms were very friendly and paid a lot of attention to tidying up the rooms and making them clean.

The breakfast is in a little cafe and you have a choice of pastries, cereal and fruits etc. fine for what you need but could work out expensive if only having a yoghurt our something.

I loved my two night stay in Brighton and would definitely come back to my hotel and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed 29 May 2012

The location is good and the price good value. I liked the bar - pretty cool - and the Reception staff were friendly and helpful. I quite enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the breakfast cafe. TV channels were limited. My room (single occupant of standard double) felt like a prison cell. It was at the back of the hotel with the window facing (very close) on to a white wall. This was disappointing because it was very hot - it would have been nice to have had a view of "something" and to see sunshine. The minimalist design was a little too minimal for comfort. I did sleep well - no noise! I did not mind the small bathroom - it was clean and the shower was large and powerful - but not sure I would be happy sharing the overall limited space with husband...

Room Tip: I was on the Pink floor with a room at the back - best avoided if you are claustrophobic.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I love the Myhotel in Brighton, especially for its bar. The hotel is a showcase of style and pride's itself in being different. Whether you are on the pink, orange or whatever floor you're garuanteed something different.
If you are looking at this for a business stay you may be a little disappointed as it doesn't have the usual iron, suitcase rack etc. things that you find elsewhere. If you're here for fun then you've definitely come to the right place. Its in the heart of the town with restaurants on every corner and theatres a short walk away.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Firstly GREAT location, within walking distance of the Lanes (both north and The), lots of local cafes and restaurants and relatively easy to find.
It is quirky but with nice touches. Candles in the foyer, fish tanks in the bar and soft glowing, colour changing lights in the rooms.
Loved the speakers in the room, plug and play. Sound proofing is not the best, so if you had neighbours from hell, i'd expect these could become troublesome.
Negatives - NO fridge / mini bar within standard room.
No window to open - did have air con but at the coast surely you cant beat the option of fresh air?
In our room the safe didnt work, the loo was "loose", threatening to come away and when you flush there is a slight "wiff" within the bathroom.
There was also a small lump of something stuck to the wall, it was very small, however with white walls it kinda stood out.
As per previous reviews the "toilet" is modern in that there is NO total privacy, noises and smells are shared......
The bar toilets are also "unisex". Not a problem for us but traditionalists may be surprised and it could be unsettling.
1 thing that did irk us was the parking. I know its a big issue within Brighton, but come on, a 4* hotel, charging £99 for a night can surely chuck in a free parking space?
We paid £15 which is cheaper than elsewhere but for me, its the principle, as per the title attention to detail is everything. Its the liitle things that make you remember - good or bad.

Postives - Great location, speakers about it really.

Would i recommend - yes i would for a single overnight stay with great location. More than that and i'd expect more, a lot more especially for 4*
If we go again, then i would look seriously consider a B&B.

Room Tip: no views really, we had courtyard (brick wall) others faced offices.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My wife and I stayed (over 27th & 28th April) for the 3rd, and very possibly our last stay at Myhotel Brighton ... The first time we stayed, early in 2011, things were so different; we'd discovered what we thought to be a quirky and unusual bijou hotel right in the throbbing heart of Brighton. With it's swirling patterned carpets; it's flickering, coloured, crystal wall lights; its oblique references to a mystical India; allied to a minimalist decor, the whole place seemed to be under some kind of novel and quite magical spell ... Back then too, the open-plan toilet (with its barely disguised opaque glass door) the general lack of space and the "U" shaped window seats that overtly interfaced with the outside world, all seemed to be part of an other-worldly, bohemian, charm that imbued the place and which fitted so obviously well into the core of Brighton......BUT on succesive visits, it was a bit like going out with somebody on a second date (when things don't go quite right) to the extent that you begin to you wonder just what it was that you ever saw in them in the first place ... The toilet which grants graphic access to ones wife's bodily functions in the privacy of ones own room is not cool or trendy, just ill thought out and annoying (it certainly doesn't engender any passion) ... The breakfast which used to be served in the main bar against a bank of black and white screens showing "Streetcar Named Desire" is no longer so retro, cool and expansive .. As an obvious cost-cutting measure, it's now served in the cafe attached to the hotel where hotel guests vie with punters, who wander in from the streets, to grab a coffee and a croissant and to catch views of the Tesco Metro opposite .. The Unisex loo attached to the cocktail bar is a haven for male drunks who leeringly try to chat up any female who strays into it (including my wife) and the overworked boucer on the door on a Saturday night gives the place a sort of slightly threatening ambiance which is not at all designed to make one want to chill out... Whilst we were there too (the last time) we were twice woken in the night by a fight & our room fused X4 times over the two days, which further took the edge off any latent fondness I had for the place ..In short, familiarity with myHotel has, certainly in my case, bred a measure of contempt but then I still remember how good it was the first time ...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cooperkingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I once lived close to where this new hotel was built, and since it had a good reputation I took the opportunity to stay here on a business trip to Brighton. I had booked a standard room, but the hotel was very busy and I was upgraded to a suite on arrival.

The room was fantastic - spotless with great attention to detail. It was clean and modern, accessories such as bathrobes were high quality. Even toothbrushes were provided. I could plug my phone directly into the speaker system, and had fun working out what all the switches were. The mini-bar and services were reasonably priced, and the Hotel is excellently located for shops, bars and restaurants. The staff were friendly and helpful, but did not intrude. Check-out was late (midday), and they were happy to carry and store my bags.

As with all hotels in Brighton parking was a problem, but there are loading bays outside. I dropped off my luggage and parked elsewhere rather than using the discount in the nearby (extortionate) car-park. During the day I had several meetings in the (empty) hotel bar, which worked well. There was no fitness centre on-site, although it was possible to use one nearby. I only stayed for one night, but wished it had been longer. This was one of the better rooms I have stayed in.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, but the suites are really special.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Went to the hotel in April 2012. wasn't expecting that much to be honest as we took the basic room and some reviews had said that it would be cramped. However, the layout was good and so didn't feel so and the room was quite light even though it faced a brick wall outside.

We got to the hotel early afternoon and felt like a rest but suddenly the noise of a serious sound system started booming from above. We both thought 'oh no' as the last time we stayed in brighton a hen or stag party were above us and woke us up in the early hours. We contacted reception and they went and had a word and assured us we wouldn't be woken up later as well as giving us some ear plugs just in case. The service from reception was great and they were right - we did end up having a good night's sleep.

I liked the bathroom layout but agree with a previous review pointing out that having hooks on the mirror for clothes renders the mirror useless - 'doh'. We also liked the mood lighting from the cristal fixture - unusual and pretty.

The one thing that I think the hotel lacks is a decent breakfast. Its ok if you don't mind just pastries - I also had an omlette thingy but they didn't warm it up properly - cold precooked eggy thing not so great.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple